Chapter 38 - More Into Blondes

Scott's POV

After what had happened last night, I kind of reckoned that I wouldn't exactly be seeing Lucas along with Chase and Xavier when I came to school today. But to my surprise...

The whole group wasn't here

Well I guess they did get in a lot of trouble with what happened which would explain them not being here. And plus that they very well could be talking over the next problem that we had about there being another wendigo out there. Which only meant that we had to go on another wild goose chase.

Find out who's this other wendigo, try to plan of a way to catch it before it could kill again. Easier said than done but what else is there to do in good old Timberland.

"Hey!!" I heard someone yelling behind me but I just ignored it. It was probably just some girl that was yelling after another person that bumped her while she was doing her lipstick or something.

Though that thought kind of made me want to turn around now actually. You know, cause I wanted to see what the girl looked like with a lipstick line drawn across her face.

"Hey!!! I'm talking to you emo kid!!" Now I don't know why but I found myself stopping to then turn around and see who it was.

I saw Charlotte slowly making her way towards me and I couldn't help but give her a small frown.

"When did everybody exactly start calling me emo kid??"

"How should I know?? Maybe cause you've been wearing black more??" She answered.

"I've always been wearing black. It's my favorite color." I mumbled.

"Black isn't a color. It's classes as a shade." She said. Shrugging her shoulders like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

But I was just lost at what she was actually trying to say at that point.

She must have seen my confusion cause she just rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Never mind what I just said."

"So, what happened last night?? Did you guys stop the wendigo from killing him??" She then quickly added which immediately made me look around to see if anybody heard her before taking her by her arm as I pulled her inside of an empty classroom.

"Are you crazy?? Other students could have heard you."

"So?? It's not like they know exactly what a wendigo was. Or if they'd actually believe what we're talking about even if they did." She reasoned.

"Yeah well... That's actually a pretty good point." I admitted.

"Good to hear. Now tell me what happened last night. I didn't see any of your friends the whole morning."

Sighing out, I went to take a seat on the teacher's desk as I went to look at her seriously.

"Things didn't exactly go to plan. Barry still died." I said. Remembering the look of my mom's depressed look this morning before I headed for school. "Also, Lucas, Xavier and Chase got hurt. Chase especially so that would explain why they didn't come to school today."

"Oh God. So this thing's actually real." She mumbled her response and I gave her an are you serious look which she immediately noticed.

"Is that really all that you got with what I said??"

"I didn't mean it. I'm sorry. I really hope that they'll be okay." She replied. "It's just that... A part of me was hoping that nothing would have happened. That all of it would have been just some crazy psycho instead of a monster."

Realize: Legacies| Book 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें