Chapter 42 - Predestined Hearts

Lucas's POV

Today, I have to say that I can already see that it was going to be one of those eventful days.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Seeing as yesterday Francis had shifted back into himself from being the wendigo for the time being, and is still himself today after we'd checked, we felt that today was the best time that his sister should know about what's happening to him.

It's short notice but it could very well be the best option. We didn't know how long he'd stay human and since we can't give him any more of the animal grease, we had to move fast before the wendigo spirit gets his strength back and takes over. Making Francis shift into the predatory supernatural.

Me, Xavier and Scott had thought of this when Francis asked uncle Cole about his sister when he came to talk to him.

And after the detective had asked him his questions, which composed of some of the same questions that Mr. Anderson asked Francis, we went to ask his opinion if whether it was a good idea. And though he was still a bit weary of him, he ended up saying that telling her right now while Francis was still human and still had the ability to talk with her was better than waiting to tell her at a time when all that Francis/wendigo wants to do is kill and eat her.

And I couldn't agree more with him there.

Tellings dad and the other adults though, proved a bit more difficult since dad thinks that we're not taking the necessary precautions. But in the end, they agreed.

So now, Xavier and I were getting ready to leave with my car to pick up Scott before heading over to Kate's house when Chase walked up to us.

"I'm coming with." He announced but Xavier and I went to look at each other unsurely.

"I don't know man. You were pretty banged up. Maybe you should sit this one out." I said to which my brother nodded his head in agreement.

"He's right. You should take some more time to rest a bit more." He said.

Unlocking my black Ford Mustang, I started walking towards the driver's side when I looked back to see a defiant look on Chase's face.

"My ass is started to hurt from all the sitting that I've been doing. It's only been a bit more than a day but my parents are already too overbearing. I need the stretch." He started to explained when my phone started buzzing.

And Isabella's caller ID popped up when I went to take a look and answered.

"Hey. I've been trying to reach your brother's phone but he wasn't answering." She said in a bit of a snappy tone.

"Well someone's on her period." I joked which made Xavier and Chase chuckle since I reconned that they already had an idea who I was talking to.

"Ha ha very funny. You know I'd explain the menstrual cycle to you, but I'm afraid you don't know enough about the female anatomy." She responded which almost immediately made the teasing smile on my face disappear as I heard some snickers coming from the guys since I guessed that they heard what she said.

"You just got owned." Mesan, my wolf, also laughed in my mind before I pushed him back and cut off our link.

I then walked up to Xavier and Chase before clicking another button on my phone. "You're on loud speaker Bells."  

"Hey Blondie, you listening??" She called out before my brother curiously answered with a yes.

"Great. So here's the thing. Your Honeyboo just texted me a while ago."