Chapter 60 - Troubles of War

3rd person's POV

Darkness had now fallen over the sky as the fighting raged on and on at Bloodrose. Accompanied by gunshots from a hand-held gun, the packs' warriors violently fought as they tried to keep the attackers from taking their pack.

Mikey had already taken down a number of wolves with his warriors though it just seemed like they just kept coming and coming as more poured out of the forest.

Biting hard on the back of a wolfs' neck, a wolf with dark brown fur struggled as it tried to shake Mikey off of him. Though it didn't really take long till it was lying lifeless on the ground as the omega shook off his exhaustion from the continuous, hard fighting.

With some of his thick, gray fur covered with that of blood. Proof of what he and Bloodrose were going through.

'There's just no end to them.' He told himself upon seeing the scene.

"Cindy!! Are you there?!" He tried calling out to her through their link, but then he gave out a worried whimper when she didn't reply. "Cindy!!!"

'We have to find mate.' His wolf Garis told him to do. 'We have to make sure that she's safe.'

"Sir!!" Mikey turned his head as one of their vampire warriors rushed towards him. "They're trying to circle around to the other side of the packhouse. And I saw that some of them were also headed somewhere east of the pack."

"East?? Why would they..." He paused as a thought suddenly came to mind. He still wasn't entirely sure, but he had a very good feeling that he was right at the matter.

"Brody. Brody, are you there??" He reached out.

"Mikey?? Where are you?? They're trying to take the packhouse." The vampire answered.

"I'm near one of the pack's cabins, making sure that everyone got to safety." He answered. "But listen. One of our warriors told me that they're trying to circle around to the other side of the packhouse. You need to make sure that they don't get in. I get there as soon as I can. I just have to do something first."

"Gotcha. I'll see you later after we kill all of these bastards." Brody replied before cutting off their link and Mikey went to look back at the warrior that was with him.

"Check the rest of the cabins. Make sure that no pack member was left behind. Afterwards, go back to the packhouse and help make sure that none of our enemies get in." He ordered.

"Yes sir."

As the vampire sped off to do as he was told, Mikey turned towards the direction east of the pack as the warrior had mentioned. And though the thought of not knowing where his mate was still in his mind, he knew that he had to do this first.

So with that, after emitting a low growl, he quickly took off to the place that he had in his mind.

Lucas's POV

Taking down another wolf, it wasn't long till I had found myself against another one.

Giving me a low growl as I stood on my two feet, meeting his gaze in my half-shifted form.

He was the first to try and attack me but seeing as I was smaller in this form, I was quick to dodge his attempt and finish him off with my clawed hand going straight through his back.

"Lucas!!" I turned when I heard someone calling, only to see my brother as he glanced at the now dead wolf whose body I dropped soon after before he said, "We have to go."