Chapter 66 - The Wendigo (part 5)

3rd person's POV

Dodging another attack, with claws merely missing Lucas who managed to jump out of the way just in time.

"Just give this up. All of you know just how much of a bitch Kate is so why protect her??" Lydia growled. Pulling her claws out of the ground where she missed the hybrid. "Just hand her over and none of you would hear anything from me again."

"You know as well as I that you're not so sure about that Lydia. Do you really think that you can control the wendigo spirit that possessed you??" Lucas voiced out and noticed Isabella, in her wolf form, creeping up behind her.

"You have no idea that you've only played yourself right into its' hands." He added and made a quick rush towards her. Bringing out his claws, he slashed once and twice while Lydia weaved out of reach before being caught off-guard when Isabella tacked her from behind.

"We need something to tie her up with!!" Lucas shouted while helping his cousin on keeping a struggling Lydia from getting up. Thrashing around as she tried to get them off of her.

And just then, their uncle Brody suddenly appeared. And in his hands he held a couple of wire cords before quickly helping by tying the wendigo's arms together before doing the same with her feet.

"I'm pretty sure that those guys at that program won't be missing these." He said before turning back to the two teens. "Are you two alright?? Did anyone get hurt??"

"We're fine, uncle. Thanks for your help. I was starting to wonder where you went after she flung you to that tree." Lucas answered with a small hint of amusement in his tone before his expression turned serious when you couldn't see where the others were.

"Do you think that this is enough to stop me?!?!" They heard Lydia's snarl as she struggled more and more. Accompanying her efforts with either a growl or a snarl as she did.

"You've cause enough problems Lydia. Please just stop and let us help you. There might still be a way to get that spirit out of you but you need to listen and not give in to what the spirit is making you do. He's using you anger against you. Just think about it. I know that you can feel it hiding somewhere inside of you." He reasoned.

"You think that just because I'm human, it means that I'd be too weak to control it?? To control myself and the power that I have??" She snarled out her question. "You supernatural. Don't underestimate me!!"

Lucas and Brody then found themselves immediately letting for of her when they felt their hands searing with pain like they just got burnt.

Though in truth, their pain had not come from that of fire, but of the sheer coldness that Lydia now omitted around her.

The already chilly night just got even colder as the girl started to reveal the power that she had possessed as a wendigo.

It was then that Lucas remembered what the Healer had informed them days before. There was a reason on why they are currently feeling the sheer coldness in the air. The zero-degree burns they sported on their hands, the deathly eyes that the wendigo possessed which sent shivers down the spines of their victims and enemies alike. Even the mere fact that they literally had a heart of true ice was an explanation itself.

The wendigo was the evil spirit of winter.

And there couldn't be a more perfect representation for such.