Chapter 78 - Search for the Rainbow

Jayden's POV

It's been a little less than half an hour since I asked one of our wolves to tell Mikey to meet Maddison and I in my office yet he still wasn't here yet.

"I wonder what's holding him." I voiced out my thoughts towards my mate who was sitting on the couch near my desk.

"Who do think's holding him??" She replied. A knowing glint in her eyes when she closed the book that she was reading.

"Seriously??" I sighed. "I don't think that it's the right time for them to be having their little quality time."

'I don't think so. I for one thinks that anytime is the best time for quality time with mate.' the voice of my wolf Ros said.

Followed by the low grumble of my lycan Mavri. 'Horndog.'

'Look who's talking. Tell me that you aren't thinking the same thing sasquatch.' Ros countered which ultimately made me block them both off before I hear their all too common banter.

And let me tell you that they both argue like a pair of teenagers rather than two adult werewolves.

While in my thoughts, a knock was heard on the door. Opening shortly after as my first commanding Omega walked in. Seemingly out of breath.

"Sorry I took a while. It's just that something..." He paused. A smile growing on his face. "Well, something both shocking and amazing happened while I was with Cindy."

"I really can't imagine." I said. Giving him a look which might've given him an Idea as to what I was really saying since he immediately shook his head.

"Oh no no. We weren't... We weren't doing anything per say if that's what you're saying." He said. Uncharacteristically shy as he did which made me give him a questioning look while my mate just sat there, looking at him quietly with a small smile.

"I'll tell you guys the news afterwards. Right now I think you both should know what happened when I got to the Lunari." The atmosphere I'm the room quickly got serious.

Mikey was sitting on the chair in front of me. His positive demeanor gone as we waited for him to continue.

"I don't know how to tell you in a better way, so I'll just say it." He said. "The Lunari's gone."

"Gone? What do you mean by gone??" I asked.

"Gone as in gone like the wind." He replied. "When I got there, Raymond was the only one waiting for me. He said that the Goddess was taking all of the white wolves back to her realm. Except for the Guardian of her tear who's also the Luna of our pack."

"The changes that the Goddess wants are too sudden. First with the pairing of mates and now the Lunari? There's gonna be an uproar and confusion in the werewolf community. We can't have that in the current situation we're all in." I pointed out in the end.

"Did Raymond tell you anything when you met with him??" It was my mate's turn to ask.

"Nothing in particular." He said after a thought. "He just told me that it's what the Goddess had wanted. Other than that, he asked me to tell everyone goodbye for him."

A momentary silence had followed afterwards. The news sinking in that not only was the Lunari gone, but we also lost a good friend.

"We can't be sure how everyone will react to this. It's not a secret that Bloodrose and the Lunari are allies so who knows what will happen when word gets out. Especially if our enemies hear about it."

"Actually, I think they might already know." Mikey told us which resulted in him getting back our attention. "While I was headed back, I met some less than friendly faces."