Chapter 59 - Hide No More

3rd Person's POV

Maddison carefully scanned the warriors around her as the wolves threateningly bared their sharp canines.

And even at the difficult odds, she still went to snarl back. Determined to fight if she had to at that moment as her wolf Fia slowly surfaced when Nick had ordered,"Take her to the dungeons."

The warriors wearily approached as Maddison was about to attack first when one of the warriors was flung right before the three councilmen.

"TOUCH HER AND I'LL RIP ALL OF YOUR FUCKING ARMS OFF ONE BY ONE!!!" A rage filled voice behind them had bellowed which made them all turn to look at who it was, only to see a dangerously furious Jayden standing there.

He was still in human form while wearing only shorts, but upon looking closer into his eyes would you know that it wasn't only him present at that moment. Though Maddison could see relief in them when their eyes met for a quick moment.

"Maddison, are you alright?? Did they hurt you??" He asked her through their mate link.

"I'm fine. Though I'd be even more happy when I get to sink my canines on the necks of those three worthless wolves." She replied.

"And as expected, the dark wolf himself has arrived to save his little damsel." Nick cut himself in just as the wolf that Jayden had thrown slowly got himself up.

"As much as I may want to Maddison, you know we can't." Jayden linked his mate as he stationed his eyes at the three members of the council. "The other packs would only see a reason to bring another war between the rogues and pack wolves."

"They left Bradly and his pack to die Jay. They left them to be massacred like animals." She reminded him. Making him take a moment as her words made the thought of ripping the heads of Nick, Gregory and Dan all too tempting.

"I know." He answered. "But we can't. Not without hurting these warriors that have no choice but to follow their orders." He explained to which Maddison had unwillingly took into consideration.

"We are lucky. Cause not only is the Goddess's guardian here, but the great Jayden Grey himself." Nick sneered. "Your mate here made a very bold accusation against us just a moment ago. An accusation that we really don't take so kindly."

"Maybe you just don't like the truth being thrown right at your faces." Jayden scoffed. "Don't take it the wrong way. I'm here to stop my mate from killing you three, yes, but I didn't do it for you. More on the fact that I did it for the safety of these warriors here. Cause if a fight did break out just now, all of you wouldn't only be fighting her."

He then made his point when Jayden went to shift his eyes into that of his lycan's as he radiated his power. Greatly affecting the warriors as well as the council itself.

"Now if you'll all excuse me, I'll be taking my wife out of here. And if you'll try to stop us... Well you already know what will happen." Hearing the warning in his words, the warriors surrounding his mate slowly made way as Jayden came forwards to stand beside her.

"We have to go." He softly whispered to her to which she reluctantly agreed with a low growl just as her mate turned back to Nick.

"A little word of advice, Nick. Once you throw something very shitty, life always finds a way to throw that shit right back at you. Only, it'd be ten times worse. Remember what happened to Marcus. He's done some.. some very unspeakable things in his last years of life." He said as he took a quick glance at his mate. "And I made sure that I'd become his karma. So don't wish that there'd come a time that I'll become yours as well cause I promise you that it won't be pretty."