Chapter 62 - The Wendigo ( part 1 )

3rd person's POV

Thump thump.

Thump thump.

Thump thump.

Xavier's heart beat fast. Pushing his legs harder and harder as he dodged and weaved every obstacle he came across as he gave chase to the wendigo who effortlessly stayed ahead of him.

"Damn it. It's too fast. Where the heck are you guys???" He asked through their open link.

"Right behind you." He heard his brother's reply before noticing the pitch black wolf catching up to run beside him.

"Almost there. I'm gonna try and cut it off so you two be ready." They heard their cousin's voice in their minds with prompted them to run even faster.

The wendigo snarled.

Clearly noticing the two figures giving chase to him as it sped through the thick terrain. 

As it did, Bella suddenly bursted right beside it with claws and canines bare with the thought of giving the wendigo a quick takedown.

Though the thought was actually harder to act out than she'd thought.

Cause compared with them, it was far more agile than they had previously thought as it effortlessly dodged Bella's attempts. Sending her crashing to the ground with a loud thud as it then continued to run.

"Bella!! Are you okay?!" Xavier asked her with worry as he and his brother went to as stop while she was trying to get herself up.

"Go!!! I'm fine!! We can't let that thing get to the park!! Go!!! I'll catch up!!" She told them to which the boys nodded before continuing on with their pursuit.

Bella shook off her frustration after taking a moment to get herself back up. Giving a low growl as she then went to catch up with her cousins.

And currently, she's just really hoping that they'd be able to stop it before it reaches the park.

Cause if it does, only the Goddess knows what could happen.

Chase's POV

I wasn't really liking our situation right now.

With what the others said, the wendigo was already on its way here. Given that they are trying to stop it before it does but with our past experience with a wendigo, I knew that it would be that easy to do so.

"What do you think we should do??" I heard Scott asking me. "At the chance of Lucas, Xavier and Isabella not being able to stop this thing, you think we should do something to get these people out of here??"

"And tell them what exactly?? Hey you should get out of here cause there's a flesh eating monster on the way here. Yeah. I don't really think that they'd listen."

"There are cops here. When it comes to public safety, I know that they'd want to take necessary precautions." Scott reasoned.

"They'll still need a good reason for wanting to cancel the program." I pointed out before sighing. "Maybe if uncle Cole was here. He may be able to get these people out. Supernaturals have been in hiding from humans for centuries. But now, there's a pretty good chance that people might finally find out about us which is not good since I'm pretty sure that not all humans would be accepting towards us like you."

"Well we just have to make sure that they don't find out then." Scott stated. Prompting me to follow his gaze as he was looking right towards a particular officer a few feet away.