Chapter 56 - Great Loss

3rd person's POV

It wasn't long when Lucas had finished the call with his father did Scott get back with a very confused looking Charlotte behind him. Though other than her, Lucas went to give his friend a questioning look when his brother Xavier walked in with Chase and the others.

"I ran into your brother on my way and he asked me what I was up to so I told him and he was the one who told the others." He explained just as Aaron closed the door behind them before saying,"Yup. It was a good excuse to skip class."

Mr. Anderson immediately went to look at him with a raised brow. Silently questioning what he said to which the young wolf gave him a cheeky smile.

"Kidding." He said before turning towards Ellie who stood beside him and whispered, "This beats math class any time of the day."

"Mr. Anderson??" Charlotte looked at him confused before glancing over to Cole and the others. "What's going on?? Am I in trouble or something??"

"Not at all miss Maine." The healer assured her. "We just wanted to ask you some things that you might know."

"What things??" She asked as Lucas looked over towards Isabella who in turn was glancing over at Scotts' bandaged up right hand.

"We know of your abilities Ms. Maine. All we're asking is that you answer the questions that we're going to ask you." Charlotte immediately looked at the detective with an alarmed expression before glancing towards Aaron who raised a questioning brow at her.

"Don't look at me. I'm not the one who can see the future here." He said.

"Don't worry Ms. Maine. You're not in any sort of trouble like your teacher assured you." Cole said to try and calm her down. "We just really need you to tell us what you know about what's going to happen."

"I can see your badge. You're the detective that's been investigating what's been happening right??" She questioned the older man.

"I am. And yes. I'm the one who's leading the investigations."

"Detectives are suppose to either think of logical options or explanations to solve their investigations. Why do you believe that I can really see what's going to happen??" She probed.

Cole went on to glance towards the other teens in the room. Quickly realizing that the girl in front of him doesn't really know of their secret as of yet so he tried to think of what to tell her.

"You're right. As a detective, I should only believe logical explanations." He started to tell her. "But in the years of my life, I've come to know things that not very many people do. Things that not many people would believe. So trust me when I tell you that there's a pretty good chance that whatever you're going to tell us won't surprise me at all."

Charlotte still seemed a bit doubtful as she looked between the two older men in the room before saying, "I've already told these guys what I know. And before you ask, let me give you a heads-up. I didn't really see anything in my vision. Only screams and weird noises. I don't know what's wrong since this was the first time that I didn't see anything."

"On the contrary Ms. Maine, I think I might be of help on that issue." Spoke up the healer as he slowly walked towards his desk. "Honestly, I don't think anything's wrong with you abilities."

"In my opinion, you're not all too keen on your abilities correct?? Cause if that's the case then I can say that you had mentally blocked off your ability to see. But since your gift isn't something to be just ignored like that, you still hear the noises and sounds from the very vision." He explain as he then showed a small clear bottle with something inside which kind of resembled some sort of flower. "But don't worry. This'll help you unblock those walls."