Buck returns

After the meteor shower was done, everyone poked their heads out of the cave. They couldn't believe what had happened. Silver thought that it was worse than ever. Many trees were destroyed and holes were pierced through the mountain sides. They carefully walked through the broken  branches and rocks as they looked at the entire valley. A roar made everyone gasp. Something was coming from the hole that was revealing fog.

Manny: Hello?

Suddenly, a shadow loomed over. Silver took out her knife to defend them. Slowly, the shadow was getting closer. Everyone huddled around for a second just as it revealed to be another mammal.

Buck: Oh! Hello, mammals.

Crash: Hi, Buck!

Buck: Hi.

Suddenly, the mammal was pulled back underground.

Eddie: Bye, Buck!

Silver recognized this guy. That weasel was Buck! The little mammal from the dinosaur world when Sid was captured by the T-rex.

Buck: Um, a little help?

Pulling the rope up, Manny pulled out a pillar and Buck. The weasel screamed as he fell into the snow.

Buck: Right on the spleen! Utterly useless, but totally hurts.

Diego: Hey, Buck. Welcome back, buddy.

Shira: Wait. This half-a-snack is the dinosaur whisperer?

Buck: And expert salsa dancer.

He then did a twisty dance. Amber and Lily never met him before.

Buck: I have one eye but all my original teeth. Would you like to count them?

Shira: No, thank you.

Lily giggled happily as Buck noticed. He jumped onto Peaches' tusk to get a good look.

Buck: And this must be Nectarine.

Peaches: Um... Peaches.

Buck: Semantics, my dear. I am deeply honored.

Julian: Sweet eye patch. Very gangsta.

Buck: Thank you. I like this kid. And who is this?

Silver motioned Lily to come over. including her family. Pip giggled happily as she twirled around.

Buck: Oh. you got a family of your own now. How amazing. What is your name, little one?

Lily babbled happily as she gently feels the weasel's fur.

Manny: Buck, what are you doing here?

Buck: Well, I... What? I'm trying! But how do you tell someone they're doomed? He's stumped.

Manny: We're not doomed, Buck. It was just a meteor shower, and the show's over.

For a second, Buck jumped back onto Silver's arm.

Buck: Oh, quite the contrary, old chap. It's just beginning. You see, I found a prophecy.

A prophecy? Silver thought. Lily hoots asking what that means.

Buck: I read this tablet front to back. And the story it tells is very disturbing. Every hundred million years or so, the world gets a cosmic cleansing. Before the dinosaurs, there were these horseshoe crab-looking thingies. Ugh! Yuck. Then, at the bottom of this mountain range, an asteroid hit. Boom! Bye-bye. Next, dinosaurs, mountain range, asteroid. Boom! Bye-bye. And coming up next, mammals. Mountain range, asteroid, boom! Bye-bye.

An asteroid destroying every creature on the same place, she thought. Oh, this is terrible.

Eddie: [giggles] Stupid mammals.