A New Friend

In the small hours of morning, Silver went off for her hunting routine. She held out her spear in her hand as she poked her head up in the air. She hoped she find something new to eat. Some small mammals are difficult to find. 

She spotted some nearby condors eating off a carcass. Silver held her spear and threw it straight at the condor.  She got it. The other condor flew away just as Silver went over and harvest the condor meat. 

She traveled through the forest looking for more food to eat.

She poked her head through the bushes and found some nuts. She begins to pick one up until she is faced to faced with a saber tooth squirrel. Squirrels are quite dangerous. One tried to attack Sid while it takes its acorn. Silver had to be quick. 

She snatched an acorn up and begins to walk off. The tiny squirrel begins to sob quietly. Silver looked back and saw that this squirrel was a female. She buried her face between her yellow cream skin. Silver kind of felt sorry for her. She slowly begins to give the nut back. 

Silver cooed at the saber tooth squirrel as she opened up her blue eyes. The squirrel is happy at first and takes the nut by her paws. Silver never met a squirrel in her life. Unlike the others, this one was sweet. She had made a little buddy. Silver reached out her hand and offered her a ride. The squirrel accepted it, and climbed onto her shoulder. 

Silver decided to name the squirrel Pip, in which it was a cute squirrel name for her. Pip was actually a year old. Since the first born was born in spring, she was alone in the forest. Her skin was very yellow and creamy like she was blonde. Her eyes are blue and her bushy tail was smooth and soft.  

Silver and Pip became close friends. Now that they are together, Silver asked Pip if they can come to the park. Pip happily agrees as her tail fluttered happily. 

Then they took the path to the new build park where she and Pip met Ellie and Manny. They seemed worried about Sid. Ever since Sid found them, he can't keep them up in the surface.

"I hope Sid is alright," sighed Ellie.

"I see you made a new friend," Manny said, taking the notice of the animal on Silver's shoulder.

The girl nodded her head while Pip chittered, her fluffy tail brushing her skin.

"You never had a pet, right?"

Silver shook her head, even though her old pack has wolves, but now she's forgotten them and has a new pet squirrel.

"I surely knew you had a way to deal with animal folk around," said Ellie.

"Don't you think Silver is too young to have pets?" Manny asked.

"It's fine," Ellie assured him. "Silver just likes young animal folk, don't you?"

Silver nodded her head as she jumped onto the log. Manny helped his wife walk though. Pip scurried up upon a tree and hopped to each branch she took.

"Do you think my ankles look fat?" Ellie asked.

Manny looked confused. "Ankles? What ankles?"

Suddenly, an animal flew right into the air. Manny caught him with his trunk, just before the mammal fell to the ground. "Ronald, where did you come from?"

Ronald pointed at the direction where it came from the playground, the one that Manny built for Ellie. From the distance, many animals are running for their lives in terror.

"Oh, no."

Silver can't believe it. Something bad happened there. If some dangerous predator is here, it has to be the one causing this. Pip jumped onto Silver's shoulder and they hurried over.