Curiosity fooled the Possum

Hours later, Silver watched as the possum brothers pushed a log up on the cliff's edge. They seemed to be ready to do some fun.

"Almost there. OK. Ready, Eddie?" Crash asked his brother.

"Set. Let's roll. Wait for me!"

They pushed the log down the hill and they jumped on it. They seemed to be having a blast. Silver wanted to join in too. Manny and the others walked down the hill with no regard. Eddie and Crash's log hit a tree making their roll stop. Ellie who was on two logs is still rolling.

"No brakes. Gotta roll. Meet you at the other end." she called before she disappeared below.

"So, you think she's the girl for me?" Manny asked, referring to her bizarre antics.

"Oh, yeah!" Sid nodded. "She's tons of fun, and you're no fun at all! She... completes you!"

Crash and Eddie dizzily exit out of the log for a moment. To Silver, they are like furballs of fun. The giggle as they play around. Silver giggled as she chase them around laughing.

"Hey, Manny. Can you pull back the tree and shoot me into the pond?" Crash asked.

"No."

"Then how to you expect to impress Ellie with that attitude?" Sid asked, raising his eye brow.

"I don't want to impress her."

"Why are you trying so hard to convince her she's a mammoth?"

"Because that's what she is," Manny shouted. "I don't care if she thinks she's a possum. You can't be two things."

"Au contraire, Man-fered. Tell that to the bullfrog, chicken hawk or turtledove."

"He's never gonna let up on you," Diego replied. "It'll be easier on all of us if you just go with it."

The mammoth sighed, believing he had no choice. He went over to the possoms. Crash is swining on a small tree with his own tail as Eddie pushed him gently. 

"So what do you want me to do?" Manny asked.

Crash stopped and began to climb onto the branch. Then he pointed to the pond far from reach.  "Just pull the tree back and shoot me into the pond."

"I don't know..."

"If you're too lame to do it, we can get Ellie."

"No no. I can do it. I can do it."

Eddie went back down and onto Silver's shoulder. Crash went over to the nearest branch to pull. Manny pulls the tree back with his trunk.

"Farther... farther... farther..."

"Have you done this before?" Manny asked him.

"Only a million times." Crash said. Manny continued to pull the branch slowly until it was on the ground.  "Perfect. Now... FIRE!"

Manny lets go of the tree and Crash goes soaring through the air.

" I CAN FLYYYYY! [Begins singing] I BELIEVE I CAN FLY!"

Crash rams head first into an oak tree, then falls to the ground, unconscious. Shocked, Eddie screamed and ran toward his brother.

"Crash!" Eddie screamed as Silver covered her eyes.

 They begin to run toward where Crash had fallen. once they make it to the forest. Eddie scurried over his brother and picked him up. The possum didn't move.

"Crash! Crash! Crash, are you OK?" Eddie cried, worriedly.

As Eddie tried to wake his brother up, Ellie had arrived in time to see the commotion.  "What happened?"

Eddie looked at her. "Manny shot him out of a tree."

Upset, Ellie turned her head to Manny. "What's wrong with you?"

"He said he could do it."

"And you listened to him?"

Silver bent down as Eddie tried to wake up his brother, his brown eyes are leaking tears. "Crash, whatever you do, don't go into the light!" he pleaded.

"Can I help in any way here?" 

"You've done enough," Ellie glared at Manny.

With a frown, Manny turned his head to Sid. "Are you happy now?" 

Silver begins to pick Crash's body and begins to sniff at his body, not to hard but very gently. He was breathing a little.

"Crash, Crash, don't leave me," Eddie sniffled, taers pouring from his eyes. "Who's gonna watch my back? Who's gonna be my wingman of mayhem? Who's gonna roll in that dung patch with me?!"

"Dung patch?" Crash chirped, waking up.

Silver yelped in surprise as she moved away from Crash. 

"Hey, were you sniffing me?"  he asked. Silver nodded her head yes.

"She wanted to know if you're dead," Eddie remidned him.

Silver shook her head. After she placed Crash down, she nuzzled her nose since the fur tickled her.

"What can I say? They're boys. They make my life a little adventure," Ellie smiled before she began to comfort her brothers angrily. "You guys are so dead. Thanks for embarrassing me."