"He loves her." : CHARLIE DALTON IMAGINE:

TW:// Charlie being a drunken buffoon

*Your Charlie's best friend in this, hope you don't mind!*

You rolled on your back and put your hands over your face, sighing heavily. This noise. This noise was high pitched, shallow but loud, and all in all distracting. You couldn't sleep. Neither could your roommates and best friends, Neil and Todd. You all sat up awake, pretending you were sleeping out of fear of disturbing one another more.

You rolled on your side and slammed your head into your pillow. You were shaking with anger. What... was... that... noise? You slammed your hands on your eyes again and mumbled 'Oh what the fuck man.' Neil's soft words whispered back to you, 'Just ignore it'. The noise got louder, pitchier. That's when you snapped. You threw the blanket off of you, turning on the lamp on your side table, now making Todd sit up. Todd gently rubbed his eyes and looked to his best friend, Neil, who was now whispering shouting '(Y/N)! Come back! Just leave it!' But you couldn't. You slammed your door open and walked to where the noise was coming from. You walked farther and farther and farther... then stopped. It was coming from Charlie and Cameron's room. It was Charlie. And you knew why he was making those noises.

You gently knocked, making the noise stop. You heard stomps coming to the door and then it BURST open. Cameron yanked you in and dragged you to Charlie. Charlie was laying on the ground, bottles all around himself, his saxophone in his hand. He was drinking himself away, trying to burry pain he was facing, and avoid his obvious self demons. Cameron pushed you, roughly, to Charlie and cursed, 'Fucking fix it. I can't sleep.' You scoffed at Cameron, understanding why he was upset and understanding that he ALWAYS has had troubles with Charlie, but you still wished he has compassion. Charlie was obviously going through something. Something bad. There was no booze on campus and he had no money so he was smuggling, stealing, and sneaking out to get himself drunk. That's not Charlie. He would do that, but not alone. He hated being alone. So the fact he was getting loaded without you or Todd or Neil or Pitts or anyone, was terrible. Especially without Knox, that's how everyone knew something was going wrong. You wanted to just help him.

You kneeled down, picking up your robe so you didn't trip on it as you kneeled. You pulled Charlie's saxophone from his lips and moved his bottles away from him so nothing broke. You ran your fingers through his hair and cupped his right cheek. His eyes that were opening and shutting, unable to stay awake. He looked at you and laughed, cracking up, rolling back and forth. You decided to relieve Cameron's stress and picked Charlie up. 'Okay bud, you're going to stay with me, come on.' You put your arm around the back of your neck, picking him up. You put your other arm around his waist and helped him walk. He was cracking up, exhausted, almost making you fall. You tripped and mumbled, tears in your eyes from how tired you were, 'Charlie please.' Your voice broke and you mumbled please. Cameron slammed the door behind you both, making you jump and Charlie say, 'Get a loud of that guy!' He reminded you of James Dean in the opening scene of Rebel Without a Cause. You were waiting to see if he was going to break like James Dean. You saw it happening.

You pushed open your bedroom door and kicked it shut behind you. Todd and Neil ran to you, seeing the state Charlie was in. They knew he was having a rough time, but they didn't know he was THIS bad. They didn't know he was destroying himself. You sat beside Charlie and put your arm around him. Todd and Neil sat on the floor by you both, looking up at Charlie as he was chuckling, looking at his thighs. 'Hey Todd, can you go to Mr. Keating's and get some ginger tea and water? And a pain med. Sorry.' You asked him on behalf of Charlie. Todd nodded rapidly, standing from his sitting position.

Charlie began fake laughing and shaking. He shook his head, fidgeting with his fingers, his lips quivering. You held him tighter. He began to sweat.