Twenty-Eight

"What are you doing here? Are you alright?" He peppered her with questions the moment she walked in.

Wren set her things down and looked at him, struggling to find the right words to explain herself.

"I'm fine. I just needed a place to stay during the Typhoon."

He paused, reaching out to grasp her by the shoulders. It seemed like he was resisting the urge to shake some sense into her. "Princess, your parents have been worried sick about you. Where have you been?"

"I can't tell you that," she grimaced. "Look, can I stay here or not?"

His face was a mixture of shock and surprise at her blatant response. "You know you're putting me in a difficult situation by showing up like this."

"What's difficult about it?" she asked, feigning innocence. She picked up her bunny carrier and looked around to make sure Bam was in his kennel before setting the bunny free. The little creature hopped out, stretching his little legs after the six hour drive.

"Is that a bunny?" Jungkook asked, his eyes widening even more.

"He just needs to move around for a bit then I can keep him in your bathroom or something." She looked sheepishly over at him. "Is that going to be a problem?"

His eyes continued to get wider and wider as the insanity of the situation seemed to continue to grow. "Your parents told me that if you came to see me that I should tell them!"

"You aren't going to right?" she asked, taking off her jacket she slung it on the arm of his couch and ruffled her damp hair. "You can't tell them."

He let out a frustrated sound and that's when she started to feel bad that she'd just showed up unannounced and put him in this situation.

"Wren. This is crazy." So it was Wren now instead of princess. That's when she knew he was getting serious.

"I'm sorry," she finally said, she was putting on a brave front but really on the inside she was still shaking. A few weeks ago, she honestly thought she'd never see him again. Little did she know that she'd be showing up at his house to escape a typhoon only weeks later. "There's a lot that you don't know, and it's hard to explain."

His jaw clenched and unclenched as he seemed to struggle to decide what to do. Call her parents and let her know where she was, or listen to her and hide her away in his apartment until the typhoon passed.

"And what happens when the typhoon stops?" he asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

Wren's eyes immediately went to the tattoos on his hand and the designs that were peeking out from beneath the cuff of his hoodie.

She was transfixed. Those hands. She recalled the fantasy she'd had back in her apartment, the image of Jungkook's hand on her rib cage. It was engrained in her mind despite it being purely fictional.

She forced herself to tear her eyes away and told her heart to calm the freak down. There was something seriously wrong with her.

"I'm going back once the storm dies down."

He was quiet for a moment at that news. The silence was much worse than him interrogating her.   And Wren bit her lip, worried he might kick her out.

Jungkook walked several steps towards her, and then stopped when he was a was a mere foot away.

"The spare sheets are in the linen closet down the hall. You can sleep on the mattress in the living room."

Relief washed through Wren and she let out a sigh. "Thank you."

"The bunny can sleep in the bathroom."