Sixteen.

Monday rolled around, and Wren went to Jungkook's apartment for their session. He had a home gym with a few mats and several punching bags. So in order to stick to their story they decide to train there continually. 

Wren was still healing from the hit she'd endured so she went easy. And Jungkook didn't bring up anything again about giving up on boxing. 

Then Friday came and they went to the club, but Wren didn't fight. Instead, she sat with Jungkook at the bar and they sipped on some drinks and watched the fights.  She explained common mistakes to him and pointed out important lessons as they watched. 

Wren's father started her back into shadowing him that week too, and she continued with her online school work and tutoring sessions. She was starting to get back into the swing of things just when the nightmares began. 

The first one she had brought her to a small room that was pitch black. The concrete floors were wet beneath her shivering skin, and she was curled up in a ball. Panic and fear were all she could feel. She struggled to breathe. But the worst part about the nightmare was that it wasn't just a dream. It was a memory. 

She jolted awake, sweating profusely. She looked around her room, taking in her surroundings, and anchoring herself back to reality. 

You're home, safe. She told herself. No one can hurt you here. 

She reached for her phone amongst the messy sheets, searching for the time, and then found a text message from Jungkook. 

JUNGKOOK: Thanks for the tips last night. They really helped. 

She quickly texted back.

WREN: No problem, I'll see you Monday. 

Wren threw her phone across the bed and then put her head in hands and blew out a tired breath. Nightmares had been a thing of her past, when she'd been healing from the incident. She didn't know what triggered this one, but she hoped it wouldn't be a recurring thing. 

She got ready for the day, the lingering feeling from the nightmare clinging to her peripheral emotions. It was hard to shake. But she did her best to shove it aside and then went down to breakfast. 

Her mother and father were at the table eating. Wren sat down and starting filling her plate with the spread of food that was laid out on the table. 

"How's your school work coming along?" her father asked. It was the typical question he asked her in the morning. It was never, good morning, sweetie how did you sleep? It always had to do with her academics or her conduct.  

"Good," Wren said. 

"You know that you'll be applying to your masters program very soon. You'll want to make sure this semester you get the best grades you can." 

"I know, Father." Wren did school online, all her college classes and tutoring. Because of her father's status it was safer for her to remain out of the public eye. Especially after the incident, staying at home for her schooling was the best option. She was just about to graduate with her bachelors degree in political science, just like her parents always wanted her to. Then they would probably bombard her for the next three years during her masters program. 

Wren was young. But they wanted her to be a prodigy of sorts. Her parents wanted her to be one of the youngest woman in politics. If her father could keep his legacy going, nothing would please him more. 

It was too bad Wren hated politics. 

"Also, we are meeting with a few of my colleagues tonight for dinner at the Cheong Jin Ok. I want you to be there."