Six.

All the band members and employees in the room stood to greet Wren and her father, bowing at the waist in respect.

"We are honored to have you here with us, Prime Minister."

Wren and her father bowed in return. And as she looked down at the floor she worried she would throw up all over her shoes. What if he said something? The band member who's name she didn't even know? What if he told on her and her father found out she pinned him at the party?

She was in so much trouble.

The panic didn't settle as they righted themselves and she took a seat next to her father at the head of the glass conference table.

"Thank you for allowing me to join in your meeting for the World Expo. This is an important opportunity for South Korea and I want to make sure we do everything we can to hopefully score us the opportunity to host the world fair. This is my daughter Wren, she'll be helping me oversee this meeting today."

Wren gave a weak smile to those at the table and profusely avoided looking at the boy right across from her. Of course her seat would be directly across from him.

There was a cup of water in front of her and she reached for it, taking a desperate sip to calm her nerves. It didn't help.

"We are happy to be apart of helping in the bid," one of the band members said. "I'm RM. This is Jin, Suga, J-hope, Jimin, V, and Jungkook." Wren was pretty sure she'd seen all of their faces on billboards before. She'd heard their names too but never really connected the dots. The one she'd met at the party was Jungkook. He was the last member that RM introduced and she assumed that he was the youngest.

"It's an honor for us to be doing our last concert in Busan, and to help with the bid is truly a wonderful opportunity for us."

"You'll all be enlisting after the concert then?" her father asked them and all seven of them nodded.

"Not all at once, we'll leave a few months apart but yes. Jin, our oldest member will be leaving first."

"Well, it will be a special moment then. Are you telling the public?" Wren's father pressed.

"Not yet," RM said, a troubled look overtaking his expression. "Still trying to find the right time."

More conversation about their enlistment and the Busan concert passed between them all while Wren struggled to pay attention. Jungkook was still looking at her, a smirk playing on the corners of his lips. 

She was sweating with his gaze on her, she reached up to scratch behind her neck, feeling suddenly itchy and uncomfortable. Jungkook wouldn't say anything right? He was smarter than that. She hoped.

The next hour felt like a whole day. It was seemingly endless. The band and their managers talked all about the world expo advertisements and the Busan concert, sprinkled in was some conversation about their enlistment, and then talk about their recent opportunities in America. There was a lot of polite laughter and smiles and Wren's cheeks hurt from fake smiling the whole time.

Then there was Jungkook. His eyes hadn't left her since she'd stepped into the conference room. It was like he was hyper fixated on getting her to look over at him during the meeting and when she did slip and meet his eyes he would give her a teasing smile again and she'd hurry and look away. It was an exhausting game they were playing, and her heart wouldn't stop racing.

"Well, it was wonderful to meet all of you. We probably won't need to meet again in person, so if you need something your managers can contact my assistant. But it was good to meet with you at least once like this. I've always wanted to publicly thank you for everything you've done for this country," her father said.

More bows were presented and received and then Wren was standing to leave.

She still felt the heat of Jungkook's gaze as she stood. She hoped sweat stains weren't showing on her blouse. The hour long meeting had her feeling like she'd run several miles. She'd been waiting for Jungkook to open his mouth and say something to her father the whole time. Thankfully, he didn't say a word, and when they finally made it back out into the hallway of the HYBE building she let out a breath she had been holding so long her chest was burning.

That was a close one, she thought.

"Well done, Wren," her father said as they got into the elevator. "Now, that is how you conduct yourself in a meeting. I hope you took notes."

Wren nodded, trying not to roll her eyes. "Yup, took extensive notes." She blew out a long sigh and leaned against the side of the elevator. Her knees were shaking for some reason. And burned into the front of her mind were the dark brown eyes of the youngest band member. They had been so dark they were nearly black, but they were big and round, taking in everything around him— everything about her. It had Wren rattled more than she cared to admit.

"We won't be meeting with them again though, will we?"

"It would be unlikely. I'll have the team from a different branch oversee the bid, so most likely we won't be meeting again."

Wren felt all the anxiety leave her body. Thank goodness.

"Good," she said, and her father's brows furrowed. She rushed to cover up her mistake. "I mean, that's good that your team has it under control."

"I know you're angry with me for making you come, but try and see my side of things, Wren. I'm trying to help you become a refined young woman."

"Of course, father," she said to appease him, just wanting to get off the elevator and out of the building and away from the youngest member of the BTS band so he couldn't incriminate her and subject her Lamborghini to an even longer prison sentence.

The elevator doors pinged open and Wren nearly ran to the car where Sang was parked.

"I have to head back to the office, but I trust you'll get home safely?" her father asked her as she speed walked to the car that was waiting idly by the curb.

"I'll be safe, see you at home," she called, jumping into the passenger seat like Sang was her getaway car and she'd just robbed a bank.

As soon as she slammed the passenger door she turned to Sang and buckled up her seat belt like it was a lifeline.

"How'd it go?" he asked.

"Great. Now could you get us out of here?" she asked, looking back at the doors she'd just fled from, worried that Jungkook might still come running out of them and hail her father's car down, then proceed to tell on her about their very unlikely encounter at the party.

"That bad, huh?"

Wren leaned her head back against the seat, slumping like a sack of a potatoes.

"You have no idea."

A/N: Hello friends! I know it's been a while! But real life has just been so so busy. But I'm back now and hoping to update at least once a week! Hope you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed!

~ Sasha