14.

"WHEN YOU FALL FACE DOWN, I WILL FALL DOWN TOO."

"I love you.."

Viviana froze, hearing that come out of Christian's mouth. Those three words haven't been heard from him to her in months. She almost didn't know how to react. Vivi just put her hands on her cheeks and kissed Christian. As she pulled back, she smiled against his lips. "I love you too..." She said quietly, looking in his eyes. "I really mean it.."

"And I mean it when I say it.." Christian looked back in her eyes, "I don't see myself with anyone else, Vi." He kissed her forehead, playing with her hair. "I'm really happy you took me back."

Viv nodded, smiling at him. "I wanted you back for the longest time, Christian...I never wanted to let you go." She told him, running her fingernails up and down his arm. "And I'm glad I have you back, because I don't want anyone else but you." She kissed his nose then his lips before cuddling into his side and pulled the blanket up, falling asleep in his arms.

****************

It was another game day and Viviana knew that Christian's back was still bugging him, but she knew that he would still play no matter what. She tried to tell him to take a resting day, but he refused, he needed to be out on the field.

"Baby, seriously. If your back is still bugging you, you shouldn't be playing. I'm only looking out for you so you don't hurt it more.." Vivi said, grabbing Christian's arm. "Please?"

Christian shook his head, "I can still play, babe. I'll be fine. I've done it before..." He moved his arm, grabbing his stuff and walked with her out of their hotel room and to the lobby. "Trust me, I'm okay." He kissed her hand, "But I really do appreciate you looking out for me." He responded.

Vivi looked at him, nodding then walked with him out to the bus. When she got on, she stopped by Ryan and Lorenzo who were sitting by one another, "Can you guys just like...watch out for Christian today? His back is bugging him and was bugging him last night but he said he's fine to play, but I don't believe him.." She said, "And he won't listen to what I say.."

Ryan nodded, "Yeah, of course. Trust us, he's done this before. Then he'll start bitching about it and then be sat for the next game. Happens every time.." Vivi just shook her head then thanked them, sitting down next to Christian.

"What were you doing?" He asked, looking at her as she scooted past him to sit in the window seat.

"Just asking them a question, nothing about you, baby." Vivi replied, fixing the strings on her hoodie.

Christian nodded, leaning over and kissed her cheek. She smiled at him and wrapped her arms around him. "Do you wanna go out to dinner tonight after the game?" He asked, rubbing Viviana's side.

"I would love to. Where were you thinking? Or we could just order something and take it back to the hotel with us, or have it delivered so we don't have to pay for an Uber or Lyft.." Vivi suggested, running her fingers through his hair.

"All up to you, babe." Christian said, "I'm fine with whatever, just not Taco Bell." He laughed.

"Okay, fine, fine." She said with a smile.

**********
Viviana sat in the club suite with the wives and girlfriends, concerned about Christian. She knew her boyfriend's back was bothering him, and she tried to do everything in her power to hold him back from playing. She just stressed the entire time, hoping he wouldn't strain himself.

"The last thing I want him to do is hurt his back and then be put on the injured list, because I know he'll be cranky and mad that he can't play..." Viviana said to Megan, looking out at the field, then at Megan.

"I know how you feel. Zach always plays through injuries and I don't think they understand that they just hurt themselves more doing that." Megan replies, "Then it's just a big I told you so moment and then they're cranky with us because they're in pain."

Vivi nodded, "Yes, exactly!! I told him not to be cranky with me if his back ends up hurting a lot later. I tried giving him a massage last night and his muscles were so tense and tight, like he needs some muscle therapy and to go to a chiropractor." She shook her head, "They never learn."

"That's what I said," Megan laughed. "And I bet Christian is super stubborn about playing because he likes being the one in right field and helping the team. Even if sometimes he's the one carrying the team.." She shook her head, "They just need to be more careful. Ryan was the same way too when he was having back problems, right Larisa?"

Larisa looked over and nodded, "Ryan and back pain? Oh yeah, he gets stubborn when I tell him to chill out and relax his back and then he'll try arguing with me. Then, the trainer will tell him the exact same thing that I told him and he listens to them.." She shrugged, "Those boys are hopeless." She laughed.

Vivi looked out into the field when she heard the crowd react in a negative way, seeing that Christian was laying on his stomach, looking like he just went to go for a catch and he wasn't getting up. "Wait, what just happened?" She asked, standing up. "What did he do?"

"He dove for a ball, caught it but he hasn't gotten up off his stomach yet.." One of the girls replied. Vivi looked back out to the field where a couple of the guys were helping Christian get up and she could see the pain in his face.

"I'll be back.." Vivi said, rushing out of the suite and went down to the medical trainer's room. When she got there, Christian was sitting up, trying not to hunch over. "What did you do?" She asked, walking up to him.

Christian looked at her and sighed, "I dove for a fly ball, and something in my back spazzed when I landed on my stomach and now it just feels really tense and if I move, it hurts like a bitch..." He replied, Vivi moved closer to him so he could rest his head on her as much as he could without hunching over.

"Baby, I told you not even to play today.." She said, running her fingers through his hair. "What are they gonna do...?" Vivi asked, kissing the top of his head.

"They're grabbing a heat pack that they're gonna put on my back and then go have me sit in the dugout for the rest of the game..." He looked at her. "I'm gonna be fine, Vi. I just have to rest it.."

Viviana sighed, continuing to run her fingers through his hair. "That's what you said last night and I couldn't even touch certain parts of your back without you wincing up..." She shook her head, "You need to listen to your body. I know you want to play, baby, but you have to listen to your body and when it says that you're in pain? Don't push your limits..."

Christian nodded, moving his head and held his hands out so Vivi could help him stand up. She helped him stand and still held his hands.

"Do you want me to walk you back to the dugout?" Vivi asked, kissing his hands. "Or to the lounge and we can just relax in there..?"

"Just the lounge, please. I don't need people down my throat asking me how I am and whatnot." Christian said, walking with Viv as she wrapped an arm around his torso as they walked to the lounge. "It sucks that it happened at an away game.."

"But, at least it didn't happen while you were in Miami.." Viv said, looking at him. "Which by the way, guess who gets to come with you?" She smiled.

"Your manager approved it?" Christian asked, looking down at her.

"Yeah! We just switched the shoot to the week after so I can go back home and see you play and see my family and friends." Vivi sat down on a couch in the lounge with him. "My mom's excited to see you." She giggled, kissing his cheek.

He rested his hand on her thigh and smiled slightly, "I miss your mom, and Camryn." He laughed quietly, "Even though she was a bully to me at times."

Viviana laughed, "She's my best friend, she's gonna be like that. Doesn't want 'her best friend getting hurt'..Which, is understandable." She smiled.

Christian leaned back against Viviana, closing his eyes as she wrapped her arms around him. "If I fall asleep, don't wake me up until after the game.." He said sleepishly.

"Okay, baby." She giggled, "I'll just lay here with you.." She un-tucked his jersey for him, kissing his head. "I love you."

"I love you too.." Christian tried to adjust so he could be comfy and within minutes, he was asleep.