Chapter 42: Healing

Thomas stayed and had lunch with me. Asking all the questions and pushing my patience again. He took the dirty dishes with him and it was quiet again. I could hear all the voices in the other room. I closed my eyes and just sighed. I only had a few minutes of quiet before someone else came in.

I peeked an eye open. And a smile spread on my face. Minho came over and sat down on the bed beside me. He leaned closer.

"Hello my Dutchess." He whispered against my lips. He slowly pressed his lips against mine. Kissing me slowly gently but still full of love and care. My stomach jumped and my heart fluttered. He pulled away just enough to smile. And kissed me quickly again, a soft quick peek on the lips.

"Hello handsome." I giggled.

He kissed my cheeks and then my nose and then my forehead. He was gentle and his lips were warm and soft, barely brushing against my skin. My head tipped back leaning against the wall, my eyes fluttered closed. I could feel my face blushing, and I couldn't stop the giggling.

"I like the giggles." He murmured against my  ear.

"You're the only one who gets to hear it."

"Hmm." He gently brushed his lips against my ear. He finally straightened up with a smirk on his face. "How are you feeling, My Dutchess?"

"After that a whole lot better."

His smirk grew. "Good."

I raised my good arm and gently ran my fingers across his cheek bone and gently down and along his lips. His dark eyes bore into me, watching my bruised battered and scratched face. I just gently traced his features, taking everything in.

"I missed you Min." I finally said quietly.

He took my hand and gently pressed it flat against his cheek for a moment and then twisted his head and kissed the palm of my hand and then my wrist. His eyes slowly turned from amusement and slid into a storm of emotions. His smirk slid off and I could see how he was struggling.

"Someone really smart said don't shrug off the emotions. You've been through a lot of shit in the last week. Tacos fall apart and we still love them." I paused, and gently brushed my thumb against his cheek. "It's ok Min. You don't need to be strong all the time." I said gently.

He crumpled. He bent forward his head in my lap and his body shook. Finally letting his trauma surface. I still had no idea what he went through, but that didn't matter. I gently ran my hand through his hair and down his neck and back. I didn't move, didn't say anything, just letting him grieve his friends and brothers, and try process everything. His shuddering body slowly stilled and he was sniffing and breathing in ragged gasps. I ran my hand through his hair, and scratching his scalp gently.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked quietly.

He slowly sat up, making my hand fall from his hair. He shook his head as he used the back of his hand to dry his tears. "Not really. Not yet anyway."

"Okay. When your ready." I smiled gently, my eyes felt heavy. "I'd kiss you, but I can't really move without pain."

"Are tell me to come closer?"

"More like passively telling you to come here."

I gave him a sleepy smirk. He gave me a sad chuckle. His eyes looked heavy still with emotions. But he leaned closer, a hand on each side of my hip, and leaned his face close. My one hand slid into his hair to the back of his head and weakly pulled him closer. Gentle sleepy lazy kisses made my stomach feel full of butterflies. In between the kisses he would smile against my lips before I'd pull him back. His tongue tickled my lips, making me giggle, which made him smile again.