Author's Notes

× Book 2: Scorch Trials ×

× Jessie, an Assassin trained by The Hall, a secret sector of WICKED, was sent to Maze B. Somehow she found herself in Maze A one night. Being stuck with a Glade full of boys who do nothing but bear and batter her walls around her heart she has fallen in love and started to care about some of them.

The Gladers have been rescued from The Maze and have been taken to a facility. A deep unsettling feeling has been building in the chest of Jessie; not everything is as it seems, not everyone who seems like a good guy is and not everyone who seems like a bad guy is.

She is just trying to navigate her past, her traumas, deaths of her friends, and with a spark of hope that maybe Sonya and Harriet are still alive. Jessie tries her best to keep her boys safe, and figure out who she can trust and who actually is on her side all while wanting to burn the world around her  and destroy the people who have done unspeakable horrors to her and those she has learned to care about.

•×•

× Jessie's story has evolved and changed as the story unfolds. At first she's closed off, violent, appears uncaring and keeps everyone at arms length. As book one, Unintentional Subject, comes to a close she has opened up, and has aloud a few select boys into the dark sanctuary of her heart.

× This book will follow the movie plot with elements of the book thrown in.

× There will also be A LOT of elements of Winter Soilder and Black Widow, Red Room woven into the plot line. (And yes I used "Bucky Barns" in this plot- but it's a twist... Sort of.)

•×•

Recap of Book 1, Unintentional Subject:

He looked back at me.

"It's his time." A small voice said.

I blinked, She was sitting on her knees beside Chuck.

"I tried! I tried!" I sobbed. "I broke another promise. I failed."

Her big brown eyes looked up to me, they were big and sad and she shook her head, making her curls bounce.

"No. Not your fault. It was his time."

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I whispered between choaked sobs.

I looked back to Chuck. He was looking directly at Her. A ghost of a smile on his chubby little child's face.

"Saddie!" He breathed. She smiled at him.

"Hi, Chuckles. It's time to go." She held her hand out for Chuck to take. He turned his head back to me, "Thank..you Jessie."

"I love you Chuck! I love you! I'm sorry!"

"I love...yo..."

"No! Chuck? CHUCK! I love you too! Chuck? Chucky? No! I promised! Come back! Please!" I was yelled, shaking him with one hand.

"CHUCK!" She screamed.

"It's time to go." Saddie said, she had Chucks hand in hers.

"Where are we going?"

"The next great adventure, big brother."

They slowly walked away, I clamped my eyes closed, shaking my head violently. When I opened them aging, they were gone. I looked now at Chuck's body. His eyes were vacant. All his happy bubbly life was gone. His childhood was violently ripped away. I had failed. I had broken my promise to her, to Saddie. I laid my head on his blood soaked chest and sobbed, holding their teddy bear to my chest. I let out a gut wrenching scream, deep from inside her broken heart.