Chapter 5: Two Questions

I stiffened again. My suspension meter just about flew off the radar. Crossing my arms, sticking a hip out and narrowing my eyes I looked at Captain Vince hard.

"Why?" I demanded

"I was not told why."

"Why just Tommy Boy and me?" I pressed, "Why not Dug?" I asked pointing at the guy.

He threw his hands up, "Hey, leave me out if it. If the Human Rat wants to talk to you too that's fine."

I growled. Minho got my attention by placing his hand on back again. I turned to see him and he held my face in his hands.

"Hey baby, I don't trust it either...somethings fishy, I agree. But he's just gonna talk," he pulled me into a hug and whispered into my hair, "I'm sure you have a knife hidden somewhere, so just gut him if you gotta."

I smirked slightly.

"This is why I love you."

He pulled away and cocked an eyebrow, "'cause I'm rediculously ylooking with amazing hair?"

"That." I grinned, "And you encourage my violent side."

He smirked even more and leaned in and kissed me gently. I didn't want to leave him. I didn't feel comfortable being split up. A far cry from when I first showed up in their maze, wanting nothing to do with them. I squeezed Minho a little tighter and took a steadying breath. I knew I couldn't show any more fear or weakness, not in front of these workers. That freakout with the syringe was fear based, but also, no one touches me. Ever.

I let go, and turned to Sergeant Barnes. And swept an arm out.

"Lead the way. Come on Tommy Boy, we got some klunk to fuck up."

Thomas rolled his eyes, Newt punched the bridge of his nose and sighed, "launguage, please Jessie!"

I flipped him off as we left the Medical Wing.

"Kill it Queen!" Winston yelled.

"Thanks Winnie! Knew I could count on you!"

"Love you babe!"

"Love you too Sparky!"

Thomas leaned over, "where's all my love?"

"I'm just better than you." I smirked.

The door slid shut behind us and we were back in the bright white hall. All though this was a different white hall. We followed the silent Sargent. He was huge, solid and intimidating, but something about him made my nerves calm. Sure his eyes were kind of lifeless and haunted, but his silent broody angry was... familiar.

"So...do you talk?" Thomas asked the man.

He said nothing. Thomas leaned over to me, "is he deaf? Or mute? Is that why he has the mask muzzle thing?"

"No. He talks. Just doesn't answer stupid questions."

He growled.

"See?" I smirked. We were quiet again for a few minutes.

"So, do you know why Rat Man wants to see us?" I asked him.

"No." He growled.

Thomas threw up his hands when I looked at him with a pointed look and smirked.

We went through another sliding door and I to another bright white hall.

"It's the maze." Thomas thought out loud.

"Ya, one white hall is another white hall, just like a solid stone wall is a solid stone wall."

I saw Barnes's head shift slightly and look at me from the side of his eye.