Chapter 41: Cowboy Surgery; Round 2

Pure pain ripped through my left shoulder. Light blinded me; I couldn't open my eyes all the way. A small light hovered over me, a flash light maybe.  My whole body jostled and bumped, hands still held me tight. My shoulder was on fire. It was a thousand times worse than the stab wound. I couldn't breath without it sending a wave of pain through my body. I felt the sway and hum of a vehicle. I managed to whimper in pain as my body jostled over a bump.

"Shit! Sorry Jess!" Minho's voice was above me. My eyes fluttered open. Minho was directly above me. He was dirty sweaty and covered in blood.

"Min-Minho...." I whimpered.

His head twisted back to me. Fear and panic twisting his face. I felt a sticky hand hold my face as my head flopped. He was covered in my blood.

"No no, Baby, stay with me! Come on, Jess! Please don't go. Dammit Jess! Keep your eyes open!" His voice was wobbly and higher than normal.

"Faster Jorge!"

"I'm going as fast as I can Hermano! This van can only go so fast."

"WATCH OUT!"

The vehicle swerved wildly, everyone yelped as they were thrown one way as Jorge swerved to avoid whatever was in the middle of the street. My body went with the moment and pain tore through me like a series of toxic explosions-

"Hold her...hold hold her. Pressure young hunter! Hold tight Little Missy! Press hard hard hard...stop the blood blood-too much being lost!"

-and I fled to the darkness once again.

The next time my mind came back I was being moved. I cried out in pain as I was passed from one person to another. My body shuddered and withered in pain. The fire burning in my shoulder and in my side were spreading through the rest of my body. I felt cold, so cold but I didn't have the extra energy to shiver.

The pain, like living metal staples running through my insides, pricking and scratching with their little sharp points. I felt my mind going dark again, but unlike last time I stayed conscious. The darkness disappeared, replaced by lights, bright blinding florescent lights. I moaned or whimpered, making some sort of noise of pain, again.

"I'm sorry ma Hija. Almost there."

"Is...is...Auntie.." hissed through the pain. I had to stop and gasp, trying to breath as pain shot through me again.

"Yes! Everyone got out safe. Em is dead. You pushed the boy out of the way taking the bullet."

"Where..."

"One of my safe houses in the country close to the Mountains. Ann ran back into the building- crazy lady! And grabbed her medical bag. We'll get you fixed up."

My head was dizzy and clouded with the pain. The only thing that registered was Ann and Tarzan were finally free from Em and The Handler. I heard more footsteps and frantic movement. Voices over top of each other.

"On...on...put her down down...table!" Ann demanded. "Who has has has.. knows any medical... medical....can assist right now?"

"Jeff! He was a MedJack!"

"Yeah. I'll help."

"Me too." Teresa rushed forward.

"Bren, you can also help." Jorge said.

I felt my body placed down on a hard surface, my head flopped. Someone ripped my tank top, to get to my side and shoulder, I felt poking and prodding, making me cry in pain.

I whimpered again. "...Minho..."

"I'm here! I'm here Jess." I felt his hand on my cheek. He was above me at my head.