47-Memorial.

Colin POV.

Thalia is asleep, I petted her back, I played with her hair, I kissed her, I did everything I could to help her fall asleep and sat next to her watching her sleep, is this how she feels being my caregiver? I'm not really enjoying this, but I know I should take care of her, I won't leave her alone when she's this low or sad.
I kissed her cheek, she's so sweet when she's asleep, I think to myself with a smile, I hugged her closer, falling asleep, sucking on her neck, I didn't mean to, I'm supposed to be big and take care of her, but while asleep, I couldn't help it.

She must have waken up before me, by the time I woke up, she wasn't in bed with me, she wasn't anywhere where I could see her, I started to whine, on the verge of tears, I'm afraid of losing her, did she go wolf too and would never come back to me?
"Colin? Baby?" she calls, the word baby, that's exactly what I'm, her baby, I started to cry, wanting her to come over and get me, she came over to the bed and picked me off, for once the canopy wasn't closed.

"Hey, baby, hey," she says over and over again, hugging me closer to her, I sighed in relief having her hold me.
"Nu leave me, nu go wolfie, nu get sick," I say, my little space taking over, I was worried about her leaving me alone now.
"I won't honey, I won't," she assures me but I was still worried about her lying to me, what if she did?
"Promise?" I ask her, finally calming down, if she promises not to leave me she won't do it then, she keeps on her promises, and she always does.

"Yes, I promise, I won't leave you," she says having me calm down, she got clothes for the two of us, she had wet hair! Did she bathe without me?
"You showered?" I ask her looking at her hair, we always shower together, why is she showering alone?
"Sorry baby, you were asleep, and I needed to get up, we need to leave soon," she says, but why do we need to leave?

"Where are we going?" I ask her with a raised brow, are we going back to work, doesn't she need some days off, she wasn't feeling any good yesterday, are we really ready to go?
"We're having a memorial," she says, her eyes shining again, she's close to crying, she's not feeling well.
"Memorial?" I ask her, who's memorial? What does a memorial even mean?

"Yes, it's my sister's memorial," she says, on the verge of tears, I didn't want her to cry, I went on to hug her, I held her close to me, she sounded like she's about to break down again, but I don't want her to break down, I kissed the top of her head, assuring her that I'm here.
"You can do it," I assure her, I wanted to cry again, but can't cry right now, I have to stay strong for her.

"Thank you, you'll stay with me?" she asks, I nod right away, of course I'd stay with her, how could I leave her.
"I'll never leave you," I say to her, is it time to confess that I love her? I'm deeply in love with her, but I don't think it's the correct time to tell her yet, I'm going to stay quiet.
"Thank you baby, I love you honey," she says making my heart skip a beat, is she for real? Does she really love me? Really do?

"Let's go," she says getting dressed and dressing me next, we were both dressed in white, all white, from top to bottom, I never wore this much white before, I looked like a church boy, I looked at her, she looked like an angel, a full on angel, she's beautiful!
"Where are we going?" I ask her, I knew a memorial, but I don't actually understand where that would be.

"We're meeting on the packland, everyone would be there, it's a day to pay respect to my sister," she says in a sad voice, I held her hand, as we both walked out of the house, we didn't eat this morning, I wasn't hungry, and neither was she, I'll make sure she'll eat later, but not right now, now we have a memorial, a wolf funeral version as I understood it.
We kept on walking, getting outside the house, out of the backyard, the place is giant, it opens up to meet with a woodland, I didn't know that, I don't go outside much, we only go to her work and back, I don't like going anywhere without my mommy and we're always at work.

Back in the woods was a big fire pit, the fire was roaring with life, people standing around it, including Peter and Lillie, Pete's shoulder was bandaged and put in a sling, there were other people too, including the guards from the trip, when they saw me, they smiled at me, I smiled back at them, everyone was wearing white, their sign of a funeral and mourning.

"We're gathered here today to pay respect to my baby sister," Mommy Thalia says, about to cry, no she was crying this time, tears falling down her eyes, I held her hand, squeezing her hand.
"Melody, our beloved girl, a part of our family, part of the pack, she was a sister, a friend, a lover," Thalia says, everyone else had their heads down, some were crying.
"I knew not to give you the alpha title, you weren't ready," a new guy says walking toward the circle of people, he too was wearing white, but instead of the flowy modest clothes, he had a full on suit, making him look out of place.

"Father, this isn't the time," Thalia growls at him.
"Not the time! You got your sister killed," he says in hurtful tone.
"If you don't want to pay her respect then leave!" Thalia orders him, but the guy laugh, he's laughing at a funeral, he sounds like a jerk.
"Respect? You insult your sister memories by having a human in here!" he says, he means me? I'm the only human in here.

"The human was your daughter's friend! He was the one who stayed with her until her mind gave up on her," Thalia yells.
"If you took a good care of her, she wouldn't be rogue right now," he says, but she did take a good care of her.
"LEAVE!" Thalia yells at him, letting out a howl filled with pain, the rest of the pack joined her soon, eveyrone's voice was filled with the pain.