CHAPTER 77

XAVIER ROCKWELL

No one ever told me wanting that something could this be detrimental. Definitely, it was not easy to be in my current situation no matter how I try to look at the bright side. Even though I wasn't fully ready to go with it, I truly wanted to get introduced to my dad's family because I want to know who my half siblings are. However, I wasn't given any sort of hints that my asshole of a dad would introduce me to an entire clan. I thought that's the only thing that's dreadful and appalling but it turned out it was just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm not even going to deny my true feelings about it. That was the worst thanksgiving dinner that I had attended in my entire seventeen years of existence. It's even far worse than having dinner with Hector and my mom.

I thought I'm going to get something positive in this dinner but yeah, my dad wasn't really thinking about me, my welfare and my feelings. Getting to know the members of his family was just an exhausting process. My dad's wife was nice but I could see her entire demeanor could be detrimental to her own self. My older half-sister Xiomara was a bitch and while I do understand where she's coming from, I know she's a ticking time bomb herself. Xander on the other hand was a cool brother except that when my dad announced that he's leaving everything on my name, I saw how he was quick at walking out and punching his lamp post.

Speaking of my dad leaving all of his shit on my name, I noticed most of the people in that dinner weren't that much happy about the announcement. They all appeared money hungry. Mila quickly approached me and immediately, she started consoling me but I saw right through her. The moment became weirder when his husband joined the fun and they ended up trying to make me like them. Some of the people on the party were visibly pissed too and they all went and followed my dad trying to say each of their piece. I became the center of the spotlight and by the time I had to leave, a few of them tried to follow me.

As I got inside the car, I had to instruct the driver to drive me out of the place as quickly as possible. People are already wanting to gun for me for just showing up out of the blue and eventually stealing my dad's fortune. I know they were thinking it. I know they were already labeling me as a thief.

After the car got out of the place, I immediately wanted to reach out to Jordi. I'm greatly overwhelmed with anxiety and I just want to hear his voice.

"Hey..." Jordi began quickly answering my call at the first ring.

"I-I can't breathe." I blurted out. "Fuck... I just got out of the place." I was trying my best to keep calm. Inhale, exhale was the name of the game for me but even so, I could still feel like I'm running out of breath.

"Easy, Xavier, easy. W-what seems to be the problem, baby?" Jordi appeared concerned and I thought I would feel good hearing his voice but I was somehow wrong. This shit is very different. I could feel the pressure. "Was the dinner shitty? What happened?"

"It was the shittiest dinner, babe. I'm not going to lie. I'm still trying to let everything sink in. Dad has a really fucked up family and I wished I just declined his invitation." When I say it was a fucked up family, it was because I know everyone's expecting my dad to at least divide his fortune. My dad's still young but him announcing this fucked up decision to leave everything under my name was just absurd. Everyone was rattled as if they were expecting my dad to give them some.

"Wow. You sound like you're really exhausted. Do you want to come over?" Jordi offered and the idea sounded very good. I definitely want to come over but then I was thinking I needed some time alone to think about my current situation.

I cleared my throat knowing I had to inform Jordi about what happened. "Dad just named me his heir."

"Shut the front door! What?"