CHAPTER 2

JORDI

When I got home, I felt extremely uncomfortable from the sticky feeling caused by the juice that Xavier poured all over my body. Not only that, I could still feel the pain of the punch from my stomach. I immediately rushed towards the shower.

I hugged my legs as I began to cry in absolute silence. The sound of the cold water trickling down from the shower wasn't loud enough to deafen my utter frustration. I really thought I could finally stand up for myself but I was actually being delusional.

Xavier punched me twice in the stomach and I almost thought he's going to kill me, thankfully the janitress showed up just in the nick of time and eventually shooed them away. The janitress wanted to go to the principal's office and tell everything what happened but I'm very much aware that's not going to be a good idea in the grand scale of things. It would just make things even worse plus, I don't want my parents worrying about me, most especially my mom.

I had to convince the janitress that everything's fine. I could see she's quite uncertain but she ended up letting it go.

I'm astronomically pissed at Xavier and if I could just sell my soul to the devil just so he would stop setting his eye on me, I would most definitely do it without any uncertainty. I just simply couldn't do anything for him to stop picking on me. It seemed that he's having so much fun in seeing me struggle in pain.

I'm thoroughly baffled as to why Xavier chose me as his poor prey when there's literally a hundred different people at school. There's got to be something wrong with him.

I spent almost an hour crying under the shower until the moment that I realized crying won't make Xavier stop hitting me. It's just making the situation even more pathetic than it always was and I might even get sick from being drenched in cold water for a long time. I quickly washed up before eventually jumping out of the shower.

I was just about to slip on some clean and comfortable clothes when my phone started ringing.

"Hi, mom! What's up?" It was my mom calling.

"Hey there sweetie, are you home already?" My mom asked, she's probably just checking on me just like how she usually does.

"Yeah, I just came out from the shower."

"Okay, sweetie. I just want to inform you that I'll be coming home pretty late." She announced and I quickly became curious about it.

"How late is that?" I inquired.

"Probably past midnight. I really have a lot of paperwork to take care of and I have to finish them all today otherwise my boss would kill me. I'm really sorry, sweetie. Just order some pizza for dinner, okay?" My mom went on.

"Okay, mom." I nodded.

"Bye, sweetie. I love you!!!"

"Love you, too, mom. Goodbye!"

Things just got extra interesting just now. The moment the phone call ended, I have already made my decision to go to the house party and I just have to be home at midnight.

I knew I wanted to get drunk tonight and this might just be the lucky night that I've been waiting for so long. I've been yearning for that certain numbing yet pleasurable sensation that only alcohol could provide.

I became enraptured with excitement and I wasted no time. I immediately slipped on some casual clothes. For a second, I was thinking of dressing up fancy but then I realized my mom would definitely check my laundry basket and she knows me pretty damn well. I don't want her interrogating me about why I wore my fancy clothes.