CHAPTER 52

XAVIER ROCKWELL

"I'm really sorry, Mrs. Adkins." Gritting in distress, I sat sheepishly at the backseat of the car as Mrs. Adkins drove going towards the hospital. I was feeling rather chilly but I know I just had to suck it all in. I eventually saw Jordi's worried reaction and I felt really sick to my stomach. I would've never expected Jordi and his mom to follow me and if they haven't followed me, I'm probably still be bleeding under the torrential rain which was fine for me. I'm already used to dealing with my all of shit alone and I should be fine even without them. Although, this time, things felt much rather different and I don't exactly know how to feel and react except that I was embarrassed.

"You were punching that wall." Jordi spat gently checking out my knuckles still covered in blood. "Mom, do you have some napkins?"

"Here you go sweetie." Mrs. Adkins quickly handed a box of Kleenex to which Jordi grabbed. "Just clean the dripping blood."

I was very much speechless just as Jordi tried to clean the flowing blood on my knuckles. I was only trying to get myself together because it was the right thing to do. Weirdly enough, I still couldn't feel the pain on my hands. It's like I've been used to it that it didn't matter if I lose or break my fingers from punching that wall.

"I'm really sorry about your father showing up, Xavier." Jordi began and as much as I want to tell him that I don't have a father like him, I know I have to take it pretty easy. It's absolutely no one's fault that my dad showed up at such an unprecedented time and I don't have to include them in this mess. "He's just working with my mom on a project."

"Yeah, I'm really sorry, sweetie. I didn't know Quinton was your father." Mrs. Adkins drawled out.

"It's okay. I should really be the one apologizing."

"No, you shouldn't apologize for that, sweetie. It's normal for you to be angry and everything, you don't have to suck it all up like a tough man that you need to be because it will destroy you even more than you think. I don't know what happened between you and your father but I just want you to know that I'm here and as a mother, I'm not going to shame you for unleashing whatever anger you have. However, I also want you to know that it's possible for someone to forgive." Jordi's mom went on and I'm starting to feel less about myself. My mom never talked to me like this and now I feel like I have a second mother. "I know it's not easy for you and that's why my son and I are here. I'm really glad that you became friends with my son."

"I..." I looked over at Jordi who was looking intently at his own mom. I could see it in his eyes that he's more than thankful for his mom. He's truly lucky for having such a loving mother. "I am also glad that I became friends with your son, Mrs. Adkins."

"It's Zinnia."

"Yeah sorry, Zinnia."

By the time we got to the hospital, I found myself sitting at a bed and a nurse was busy cleaning my wounds. Jordi and his mom watched intently and I almost didn't want to look at them in the eye. I made this mess myself and I can't even take it that Jordi's mom was assertive at bringing me to the hospital when this is not something serious to begin with. I can't help but feel embarrassed at how I acted upon my anger. There's no denying the fact that I was an asshole and I hate that Jordi's mom was there to witness everything. I also want to get on her good graces and I might've just ruined that.

Right after the nurse cleaned and sanitized my wound, she eventually patched it with a gauze pad before finally wrapping it with a bandage. It was just a quick visit to the hospital but I wasn't even sure how would I pay them with this.

Mrs. Adkins then drove us home. I asked her if she could drop me by somewhere but she was very adamant at letting me stay at their house. Soon after the drive, I found myself back inside Jordi's room.