CHAPTER 16

JORDI ADKINS

Things happened way too fast that I wasn't given the chance to react or even budge. Xavier pinned me against the locker and the next thing I know; he was already kissing me. Xavier's wet tongue skillfully slithered all the way inside my mouth. In the depths of my head, I was critically thinking of resisting him yet my body doesn't seem like it wants to exhibit some sort of resistance. Am I starting to become a slave of this?

To be perfectly honest, I haven't kissed a lot of people before mostly because I haven't met anyone who's truly interested in me. As a matter of fact, Xavier was the only person that I've kissed so far and I will say, he's got the skills. His mouth and tongue were aggressive and yet gentle at the very same time.

He sucked my lower lip and I am just letting him devour me as if my mouth's a sweet and slushy mango fruit. It seemed that I am losing oxygen and I don't know why I'm starting to feel like I'm into it again. Apart from gasping for air, I feel like I'm starting to lose my mind. I shouldn't be letting him devour my mouth but my body seemed to have a different thought of its own.

I didn't realize I was kissing him back until the moment I felt him slam my slender frame onto his buffed chest. That was some kind of sadistic demeanor and I was thankful that he did that because I was pulled back to reality.

"Stop!" I pushed him away with the little force that I could muster.

"I-I'm sorry." Xavier appeared like he was pulled back to his very own reality just as well as I was. "Fuck!"

"Are you?"

Xavier took one step away seemingly engulfed with regret. "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" He began cursing and the look painted on his face looked like he's tormented.

I don't know what's starting to creep up on my spine but I felt something for him. I don't know if it's a pinch of guilt or a slap of pity or a sense of understanding but I know for a fact that I wanted to talk to him. I seemingly forgot that I hated him.

"Hey, Xavier. Calm down." I blurted out.

"What's wrong with me?" He looked at me straight and deep in the eye. Behind those hazel eyes, I just confirmed he's in a confusing world.

For once in my younger years, I was just like him too. I was a confused kid but unlike him, I had Nikki, Jane and my grandma—may she rest in peace—who helped through the phase.

"Well, apart from being an asshole, I think you are going through a phase." I spoke expressing my own thoughts. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked. The words of the one Jane Juan just echoed inside my head. Maybe I could really change and turn things around.

"I..." Xavier paused and his tormented expression suddenly transitioned into a bright smile. It's a smile that I haven't seen from him and I would honestly say that if I wasn't harboring some sort of hatred towards him, I would've melted like butter. "I've been wanting to talk to you but it's hard when you hate me."

"Yeah, I still hate you and watch your back because I might still stab you." I replied purely letting him know that I would still slit his throat if he does something bad.

"Fair enough."

"But I just thought we really need to have a conversation."

Xavier opened his locker and eventually grabbed Billie.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I said promptly startled by what I saw. "Did you just gave Billie a face?"

"Yeah, I did." Xavier nodded shyly showing me the face that he drew using a Sharpie.

"I'm quite impressed." The face that he drew was really cute and somehow precise. It had a pair of really slick eyebrows, a cute curled eyelashes and the eyes, they look like anime eyes. Even the lips, it was really drawn with such impeccable precision. "I don't believe you drew that face."