✨60✨

sorry for the late update but here's a long chapter to make up for it :)

-a couple of months later-

"Hi Minho, I'm taking Jeongin now. Thanks so much, bye." Chan said as he walked into the pretty much empty cafe and grabbed his boyfriend's hand.

"You can't just take him away while he's working," Minho complained and Jeongin tugged his wrist away from Chan's grasp.

"What's so important?"

"I called Seungmin and he'll be here in a few minutes to cover for you."

"But why?" Jeongin questioned again but Chan just ignored him and pulled him closer to the door.

"Bye Minho...I guess" Jeongin mumbled as he followed behind Chan.

"Hyung where are we going?" He asked, confused as Chan lead him to his car since Chan's house was walking distance from his house.

"It's a surprise." Chan finally replied.

"This feels like you're kidnapping me."

"It's more like a surprise date."

"That you abruptly made me leave work for without telling me why?"

"Exactly. Would you rather stay at the cafe?" Chan questioned.

"No," he mumbled in response though he was still confused as to why Chan chose to take him to wherever they were going while he was still at work.

Jeongin turned on some music and looked at the window as Chan continued driving, not being able to get rid of the smile on his face. Jeongin wanted to ask why he looked so happy but he knew he wouldn't get an answer so he decided not to.

"Innie, you can fall asleep. It's still gonna be a little while." Chan said, noticing how he kept drifting off but was fighting to fall asleep.

Once he heard that he passed out. He had no idea why he was so tired but he assumed it was just from being in the car and it had been pretty busy up until Chan showed up and took him.

"Innie," Chan said and gently shook him to wake him up as Jeongin opened his eyes to see his boyfriend smiling at him. He rubbed the tiredness out of his eyes then looked around to see that they were now in a parking lot which just left him even more confused.

"Okay, you're kinda actually starting to freak me out. Why do you keep smiling? Where are we?"

Chan laughed softly before responding, "right now we are at a restaurant."

"You drove an hour away to take me to a restaurant?" He tilted his head in confusion and turned around to look at the restaurant but nothing seemed too special about it.

Jeongin was extremely confused but he quickly forgot about how weird his boyfriend was behaving once they sat down in the restaurant. They quickly started talking about random things and laughing at each other's stupid jokes.

The younger had completely forgotten about the suspiciousness of Chan driving an hour away for food that they could have easily gotten from someplace closer to them.

"Try the cake, it's really good," Chan said, holding a fork up to the younger's mouth but he just shook his head.

"I don't want any."

"But it's your birthday." Chan pouted and Jeongin's eyes widened as it started making sense as to why Chan picked him up early from work but also not so much since they drove so far away just to eat dinner, or so he thought.