✨46✨

-not proofread-

Jeongin woke up the next morning with a pounding headache and immediately regretted ever drinking yesterday. Simply going back to Seungmin's and crying seemed like a much better option now that he had already made the mistake of drinking.

"Good morning" he heard Chan say from beside him as he opened his eyes and saw that Chan was only a few inches away from him.

"Good morning," he mumbled, moving away a bit. "Umm, I should go. I have work this morning," he said, about to get out of bed but Chan stopped him.

"I told Seungmin that you came here drunk last night and he said that someone was going to cover your shift today so you don't have to worry about it."

"Oh okay... I'm gonna call Seungmin to come pick me up." Jeongin said, reaching into his pocket to pull out his phone but then he remembered what had happened to it yesterday. "Can I borrow your phone?"

"What happened to yours?"

"I lost it."

"Why did you go out drinking by yourself without telling anyone? What happened?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to drink."

"I know that you didn't just disappear without telling anyone and came back drunk with no reason Innie. You cried last night too. Please tell me what happened."

"I don't want to talk about it. Can you please just drive me to Seungmin's?"

"No, because then you're gonna lock yourself in your room and overthink whatever the heck happened which is only gonna make it worse."

"No, I'm not. I just have a headache from drinking and I don't want to be here right now so please take me to Seungmin's." Jeongin said, trying to hold back an emotional breakdown until he got home so Chan wasn't suspicious. His headache was pretty horrible but even if it wasn't he still wouldn't want to talk to Chan about it.

"Why do you keep lying? I'm not going to be mad at you for whatever happened. I promise."

"You usually never force me into telling you things. Why can't you just let me tell you when I'm ready to like you usually do?"

"You've also never gone missing for hours before. Do you have any idea how worried I was? I texted all of our friends, tried to file a missing person report but I wasn't allowed to yet, and I drove to several places to see if you were there. I'm sorry if you feel like I'm forcing you but I just want to know what happened that hurt you so badly."

"I'm sorry..." Jeongin apologized, not looking up at Chan. But he felt him move closer and place a gentle kiss on his lips.

"You don't have to apologize for anything. I know you have a reason for doing it but I wish you would've tried to talk to someone before choosing to go get drunk."

"But getting drunk makes you forget about things and that's what I wanted."

"Only temporarily, and you don't need alcohol to temporarily forget things. Remember our date? It was going pretty bad for a second there but then we went to the park and we both forgot about it." Chan reminded him.

"Then can you make me forget about it instead of making me talk about it?"

"Jeongin." Chan sighed. "Fine. I won't make you talk about it right now but you have to promise me that you will eventually. And you're staying here until you do because I don't want you to be by yourself."

"Isn't this kidnapping?"

"No. It's your boyfriend caring about you and wanting to make sure that you're okay."

"It feels like kidnapping." Jeongin rolled his eyes slightly. Part of him wanted to just start crying and tell Chan everything that Chinhae had said to him but he couldn't. He was so paranoid that everything Chinhae said was true and that Chan was going to get tired of him and that it was stupid issues like this that were going to cause him to.

"Do you wanna watch a movie?" Chan asked, changing the subject since Jeongin had said that he wanted to forget about whatever happened. He was hoping that once Jeongin stopped overthinking whatever it was that he would open up about it so maybe a distraction could end up being a good thing.

"Okay." Jeongin agreed, getting up from the bed. He and Chan both walked into the living room and sat on the couch as Chan started a random movie.

Chan kept stealing glances at the younger throughout the movie and he could tell that he wasn't paying attention. He seemed way too lost in thought to even know the basic plot of the movie and it was just making Chan even more worried.

Jeongin was so lost in thought that he hadn't even noticed Chan moving closer to him until he felt arms wrap around him, which caused him to jump slightly.

"Why do you care so much?" Jeongin suddenly questioned.

"Care so much about what?"

"Me. Chinh- I mean, no one else has ever cared so much about why I'm upset about something. Why do you care so much?"

"Because I lo- care about y- nevermind, freak it, because I love you."

sorry this chapter is kinda short :(

i 'll try to update again tomorrow 💞