✨39✨

Jeongin couldn't wait for his shift at the cafe to be over ignoring the fact that he just got there about thirty minutes ago. He found it strange how he got attached to Chan so quickly but despite his slight trust issues, if he wasn't with him or texting him he always missed him.

"Why are you so pouty today?" Minho asked, walking over to where he was standing since there were no customers at the moment.

"Nothing!... It's just that I'm hanging out with Channie Hyung later and work is taking way too long"

"At least he doesn't come here whenever you're working and talk to you, flirt, and constantly distract you- wait why the heck is Jisung not here?!"

"You always seem to love when Jisung comes to visit you during work though. I haven't seen Jisung since we all hung out together last time because he's been with you." Jeongin explained.

"I wouldn't mind him visiting if it didn't put my job at risk. He knows I'm not allowed to flirt back with him or talk to him too much while I'm working and I struggle."

"I wish Chan would come to visit" Jeongin frowned, the fact that the cafe was pretty much empty wasn't helping the time pass any quicker.

"Text him. I doubt he has anything better to do and he talks about you all the time. He would be happy to come to see you...I should also go try to figure out why Ji isn't here." Minho said, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"He talks about me to you?" Jeongin asked curiously, "what does he say?"

"Mainly just that you're adorable but he also constantly asks if his date ideas sound okay and stuff like that," Minho explained, getting distracted from the conversation since Jisung was texting him.

Jeongin was about to grab his phone to text Chan but then he heard a bell ring, indicating that there was a customer there.

"Hi! Welcome to-" Jeongin stopped himself once he recognized one of the people that walked in. "Minho can you please take their order? I um- I really have to go to the bathroom."

"Huh?" Minho asked, looking up from his phone for a quick second, "yeah sure."

Jeongin quickly ran into the back hoping that he left before the person could see him.

"Hello, what can I get for you?" Minho asked with a smile but then noticed that the person seemed familiar although he couldn't remember where he might have met them before.

"Is Jeongin working right now?" He asked, causing Minho to tilt his head in confusion.

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm his friend. I just wanna talk to him real quick." The stranger explained with an innocent-looking smile.

"Okay? He'll be back in a second. Was it so important that you had to come to tell him while he's at work? You could've just texted him."

"Don't you think you're being a bit nosy?" He asked "gosh why are all of his friends so annoying," he said under his breath so that Minho wouldn't hear.

After a few minutes of the two standing in awkward silence, the stranger sighed and spoke up.

"Can you go get him?"

"I can go check on him but it's because I'm worried. Differently not for you, jerk." Minho rolled his eyes before walking into the back room.

"Hey Jeongin, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine! Did you take that customer's order?"

"No, actually he said that he wanted to talk to you. No offense since he said he was your friend but he seems kinda rude."

"Oh- umm...he-" Jeongin stuttered, not sure what to do or how to handle the situation. "Okay" He hesitantly agreed after a few seconds. They were inside a cafe so it's not like anything bad could happen and if he was gone for too long Minho would get concerned. Besides, maybe Chinhae just wanted to give back his stuff or something since it was still there and taking up space in his apartment.

"Are you sure? I can ask him to leave. You seem like you don't want to talk to him."

"No, it's o-okay. It w-won't take long" Jeongin replied, giving a small reassuring smile but Minho could still tell that something seemed off.

Jeongin walked out of the backroom and out from behind the counter.

"Can I talk to you outside for a second?" Chinhae asked emotionlessly.

Jeongin glanced over to see Minho texting someone on his phone. He was honestly scared to go anywhere with Chinhae where Minho wouldn't see him but he also didn't want to make a scene or cause Chinhae to get mad so he just nodded his head and followed him outside.

"What do you want to tal-"

"Move back in with me," Chinhae stated.

Jeongin had no idea how to respond. Was he really that stupid? Why would he ever agree to move back in with him after everything that happened?

"Move back in with me. It will be for the best and you know it. What are you gonna do when your boyfriend and friends get tired of you and you don't have any parents to go to? I'm all you have and you know it."

"W-why do you even want m-me to move back? You were the o-one who kicked me out in the first place." Jeongin asked, scared of even asking.

"I don't need to explain my reasons idiot. It's not like you have a choice. In the end, I'm the only one that could ever deal with your annoying personality."

"I need to go back to work," Jeongin said, trying to move away from Chinhae but the older pulled his wrist back to face him.

Jeongin finally looked into Chinhae's eyes for a quick second "I'm not moving back in with you."

"You're going to end up regretting if you don't. You know you still love me Jeongin. Do I have to remind you of that?" He questioned before pressing his lips against the youngers.

Jeongin tried to push him away as he felt tears fill his eyes.

"Get the hell away from him!" Someone yelled as Jeongin felt Chinhae get pushed away from him and the next second when he opened his eyes he saw Chinhae on the ground with a bloody nose and Chan angrily looking down at him (Chinhae).

sorry for the late update again. i'll update again tomorrow to make up for it though