Floor 4: The beautiful lake

Vein: Okay... This is not what I expected...

Kirito: I'm just as surprised as you, Vein.

Koharu: According to Kirito and Vein, during the beta Floor 4 was an arid, sandy canyon, but...

Asuna: But look, this is definitely no desert. It's more like a lake.

Kirito: It's not just that, either. The roads are different, too. What's going on...?

Asuna: Well, we better tell Argo. We need her to let everyone know that we cleared Floor 3.

Koharu sends the message to Argo.

Koharu: Okay, I sent Argo everything she'd probably want. I hope it helps...

Kirito: I'm sure it has. Argo only asks for help from those she truly trusts. I sent in all I had, too. Now then, what's next...

Asuna: Oh jeez, just look at you. So excited to see a new place you can hardly even stand it, huh Kirito?

Kirito: Wh-What? No way! It's just, we top players are obligated to look into huge changes like this.

Vein: Gotta love exploring the unknown.

Kirito: There's nothing lovable about this game we're trapped in, I know, but still, I'm a gamer at heart. Still, regardless of how I feel about this new area, we really do need to do a survey of it.

Vein: We might even be able to find some new quests out here.

Asuna: Yeah, there were new quests on Floors 2 and 3 that gave us info we didn't get in the beta.

Kirito: Exactly. And since this Floor is completely different now, everything we found out in the beta is probably no use here. We'll probably run into different monsters than back in the beta, too. So let's get a feel for the area here, first.

Vein: Let's split up and head out.

Asuna: That'd probably be best. You lead the way then, Kirito.

Koharu: Let's go, Vein!

Vein: Allow me to escort you.

Koharu: He he, why thank you.

Kirito: All right then, you two be careful out there. We'll see you around.

Koharu: Guess we should head out, too. Oh... hey, Vein, look at that.

???: Aghh... This is all wrong... What am I going to do?

Koharu: Hey, are you okay? You don't look to well... Are you feeling all right?

???: Huh? Oh. No no no, you see... I wanted to get out here to collect new materials before everyone else, but the terrain is totally different to what I'd heard.

Koharu: Yeah, we were thrown off by that too. Apparently it was nothing like this during the beta.

???: Right? I came out here prepped to hide and battle from the alcoves in the canyonside,  but that won't help me here now. Oh well, guess I just gotta make do with what I've got... Hey, wait a minute. You two are frontrunners, aren't you?

Koharu: Frontrunners...? Were we running for something?

Vein: I'm pretty sure we're not running for anything.

???: No, I mean, you're part of the team trying to beat the game right? I can tell by your gear! It's written all over you.

Vein: We did took down the Floor 3 boss.

???: No kidding! This must be my lucky day. Can I ask your names?

Vein: My name is Vein, this here is my partner Koharu.

???: Gotcha! I'll make a nice mental note of that. I'm Lisbeth. Nice to meet you both.

Vein: It's a pleasure to meet you to, Lisbeth.

Lisbeth: I might not look it, but I actually run my own trade. We're still on the lower floors so it's not much, but I can forge weapons and armor.

Koharu: You make your own weapons? That's so cool!

Lisbeth: Hehe! Yeah, and I'm not half bad, either. But there are certain things you need when forging items, you see. No matter how much I level my crafting skills, without the right material to work with, I can't make anything... Having a stock of quality material is key to keeping my wares at their best.

Koharu: Just like real life.

Lisbeth: I guess that way the stats take precedence over the skill of the craftsmen might make it even harder than in real life. Anyway, so I'm looking for high grade material to make new weapons, which is why I came to this Floor. And well, I have a favor to ask...

Vein: Let me guess, you want us to get some?

Lisbeth: Exactly! You're quick on the uptake, huh. You two wouldn't happen to be material farming pros, would you?

Vein: A spiky-head guy asks us a lot.

Koharu: Kibaou can sometimes be pretty forceful...

Lisbeth: Sounds like you got put through a lot. I guess even you frontrunners have to deal with that sort of stuff, huh... Relax, though. I'll make sure you're well rewarded.

Vein: Count us in.

Koharu: We were just talking about checking this area out a bit anyway. We can just do this as we go.

Lisbeth: Really? That'd be a huge help! If you can get me some Scuttle Crab and Dorsalfin Tadpole materials. I should be able to make something. Can you get me 15 Tin Shell from Scuttle Crab first and bring them to me? I'll... find some way to get everything else I need. I might be a blacksmith, but I can still handle myself in a battle.

Koharu: Are you sure?

Lisbeth: Yeah, no sweat. Everyone on this Floor is out hunting small fry to get upgrade material anyway. I should be able to scrape by no matter what party I join up with. Anyway, good luck!