The announcement

Kayaba: Dearest player, welcome to my world. I am Kayaba Akihiko, now the sole person who holds control over this world.

[ Kirito and Klein POV ]

Klein: Kayaba is one of the SAO devs, right? You think this is some sort of kick-off announcement?

Kirito: I doubt it... Kayaba Akihiko has completely avoided any public appearances until now. He's never seen even acted as a Game Master until today. What's this all about?

[ Vein POV ]

Vein: Koharu! Koharu! Dammit everyone got split up and I can't seem to find Koharu or the others! Looks like all I can do now is sit tight and listen to what Kayaba is about to say.

Kayaba: I am most certain you have all already noticed that the logout button for this game is no longer anywhere to be found. But this is no error. In fact, this is exactly how Sword Art Online was intentionally designed. None of you will be able to voluntarily exit the game until you have reached the top of the castle. Nor will you find yourselves rescued from those outside the game stopping your Nerve Gear. Should you try...Your Nerve Gear's electronic signaler will output high-power microwaves that will destroy your brains and put an end to your waking life. 

[ Koharu POV ]

Koharu: Is he saying we could really die? That's not... It's not possible,right? I mean, this is just a game, right?

Kayaba: And just so you are aware, we have already witnessed more than a few cases in which the family and friends of your fellow players have ignored this very warning. And as a result... Unfortunately a total of 213 players have been permanently removed from both their lives in Aincrad and their lives at home.

Koharu: What?! That can't be true...

[ Kirito and Klein POV ]

Klein: No way... I'm not falling for that! This is all just some sorta event, right? Some kind of opening story arc. Right?

Kayaba: All of your real-world bodies will likely be transported to hospitals and other care facilities with your Nerve Gear intact to receive care. So I ask you all simply relax and focus on making your way through the game.

Kirito: Do you even hear yourself?! Make our way through the game? You think we can just go about leisurely playing a game we're trapped in?! This... This isn't even a game anymore!

Kayaba: I also ask that you all act with caution. For the world of Sword Art Online is now another reality for all of you here within it. Should your HP fall to zero, your avatars will be permanently erased from the game and your minds in the real world will be fried by your Nerve Gear. There is but one way out this game. Climb to the hundredth floor atop of Aincrad, defeat the last boos and beat the game.

Klein: Beat the HUNDREDTH floor?! You really expect anyone to pull that off?! Back in beta no one made it anywhere close 

Kayaba: Now before I go, allow me to prove to you that this world is now your "real" world.

(A nondescript hand mirror appears in your grasp. The face it reflects back at you is...)

[ Vein POV ]

Vein: What the heck what did the mirror do? Huh what the everyone around me looks completely different?! Wait could it be that's their real face! Well it doesn't really affect me since I already use my real face but still how is this possible? No wait could it be...

[ Kirito and Klein POV ]  

Kirito and Klein: Is that you Kirito?! Klein?!

Klein: Is it really that easy to recreate someone's face?

Kirito: It must be the gear high density signalers! It scans your face and then creates a lookalike avatar.

[ Vein POV ]

Vein: It measures the person height and weight when set up. That must be how he did it.

[ Kirito and Klein POV ]

Kirito: These might be digitized bodies, but they look like us, and Kayaba knows that this will force people to think of this all as real...

Kayaba: I developed Nerve gear and SAO solely to create and admire this world and now my dream is finally a reality. This concludes the official opening tutorial for Sword Art Online. Players... may fate smile upon you.