Coming up with a plan

A few minutes later

Leafa: Hey look, there's a Dark Elf there. Do you think this is the Dark Elf camp?

Vein: Only one way to find out.

Dark Elf Soldier: Halt! Those without the permission of the Commander are forbidden from entering. Turn back from whence you came.

Vein: Yup, this is the Dark Elf camp.

Koharu: Hi there, I'm Koharu. And this two are Vein and Leafa.

Dark Elf Soldier: Lady Kizmel has spoken of you. Please wait here.

Leafa: Whew, that was kinda scary. Are they letting me in thanks to Vein?

Koharu: Hey, so anyone who wants to head into the labyrinth has to pass through here, right? Well, what about people who side with the Forest Elves? How do they get through?

Leafa: Hmm, yeah. It might just be that to them this area appears as the Forest Elf camp instead. It's not really that uncommon for fields to change based on player choices.

Koharu: You mean we see different stuff in the same spot? That's so... weird.

Leafa: It's kind of scary to think that the world we see and the world that other people see can be completely different. That's why I want to keep faith in the choices I've made. I don't want to just fool myself into thinking something will benefit me or not.

Koharu: You're really sure of yourself, Leafa...

Leafa: Nah, not really. But I did tell myself that I would never regret bringing myself into this world.

Vein: Bringing yourself in...?

Kizmel: Apologies for the wait. Are you busy with something...?

Leafa: No, it's fine. What did the Commander say?

Kizmel: Using that pass the enemy spy had, our scouts were able to trace their magic and pinpoint their current location.

Koharu: Let's get going, then!

Kizmel: Not so fast. It's quite the large-scale camp. Attacking it head on would earn us only a fierce battle. This is a war between elves. You need not follow us any further into our war.

Vein: We want to help, Kizmel.

Kizmel: I appreciate the sentiment, however...

Koharu: Kizmel, when you first met us, you said it was a matter of fate. And we told you that we decided that fate for ourselves, didn't we? Will you allow us to once again decide our own fate here?

Leafa: Decide your fates, yes... Well said, Koharu. I already decided that I would be true to myself and trust in my feelings, too. I want to protect what your sister fought for, Kizmel. Let me fight by your side. 

Kizmel: Thank you, all of you... But this is no lighthearted matter.

Leafa: All we need to do is make sure we get the key, right? If that's it, I've got a good idea! What if I pretended to be a Forest Elf and infiltrated their camp to steal the key? Good, huh?

Koharu: We're talking about NPCs here, you think that would work...?

Kizmel: The Forest Elves are masters of disguise. No matter how much you might look like one, without proper documentation you would never get close.

Leafa: We have that pass though, right? The one the spy dropped. Don't you think that'd do the trick?

Kizmel: Hmm, it is a possibility.

Koharu: Wait, but this would be way too dangerous for you to do alone, Leafa. If anything were to happen...

Kizmel: I actually have some thoughts on just that matter. I could act as Leafa's prisoner and cause a scene in the camp. Make them fear they're under attack. The Forest Elves are wary people. At the first sign of trouble they surely will work to move the key somewhere safe. And when they do, you'll be there to stop them. Leave Leafa to me. I promise she will face nary a scratch.

Leafa: If Kizmel is with me I think I'll be more than happy to cause some trouble!

Kizmel: It is never an easy task to jump headfirst into danger. Do take care not to get in over your head.

Leafa: Yeah yeah... Vein, you two wait outside and get the key from the Forest Elves.

Vein: This will be a tough mission.

Leafa: Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? I know this will be risky. I'll be out of there as soon as we've held them up long enough. I'm in no mood to die today, don't you worry.

Kizmel: I'll show you the way to their camp. Let us meet back at the vanguard camp I led you to before. When you get there, talk to Olovs... To the soldier there. You should get prepared before we head out. There should be one of those Teleport Monument you menfolk use as well. You can... "activate" it if you must. And ready yourselves for battle. Good luck.

Kizmel walks away 

Koharu: Leafa, are you sure about this?

Leafa: Well, I'm a sister myself, you see. I really get how she must feel. Plus, I owe you two. I can't just pretend like this is none of my business. Leave the decoy thing to me.

Vein: I believe in you, Leafa.

Leafa: Good! Now then, we should activate the Teleport Monument, yeah? Let's do that and meet up with Kizmel.

They all go to activate the Teleport Monument when...

Vein: Now then, who want to do it first?

Koharu: How about you do it first this time Vein.

Vein: Well, if you insist.

Kibaou: I thought I saw some familiar faces. So it's you lot, eh? And that Forest Elf runaway, too!

Vein/Koharu: Kibaou?!