𝐤𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐤𝐢 [𝔟𝔬𝔫𝔲𝔰]

(late birthday)

. . .

yan was whispering, suspiciously to kaidou's ear. although she knew saiki could hear kaidou's thoughts, she didn't tell kaidou her actual plan.

saiki felt obscured, his eyebrows furrowed as to what you were thinking. just an ordinary day, with teruhashi and her fangirls and fanboys, with kaidou's non-stop blabbering, nendo's idiocy, and mera's constant need of food. 

right?

kusuo felt like it was, at least. yes, it was august 16th, his birthday. 

; flashback

once he woke up, his ears filled with voices from across the neighborhood. he was rubbing his eyes until he caught a small present and three balloons in sight. he saw hands at the end of his bed frame, creeping him out a lot.

"is he awake? go check!!" he could hear a high pitched voice, after seeing the small peak of a black-haired mother of two. "he's awake! he's awake! blow it now!!" he could hear another, more high pitched voice in front of him. good grief, don't they know that i hear them?

"SURPRISE!!" the two loving couples jumped out, blowing and throwing all sorts of confetti on saiki's bed, making him crack a small smile. although saiki was quite the cold person, he could never conceal his joy whenever his parents try so hard to make him happy.

"happy birthday kuu!" his mother says, hugging him dearly. "happy birthday saiki!! wait, before you leave, can you teleport me to work..? I THINK I'M LATE!" he yells, fixing up his tie and tucking in his shirt. saiki, still with his smile plastered on his face, just stayed silent. 

"oh honey, it's okay!" mrs. saiki says, helping fix the tie on his white collared shirt. "it's kuu's birthday after all!" she says with a sweet smile. "you're right, sweetie. oh, BUT I STILL NEED TO GET TO WORK!!" mr. saiki says, finally shoving his shoes on and then running towards saiki on his knees. 

"kusuo..." he says, going into a prayer position. his knees were on the ground, and his arms were on top of kusuo's bed, like he was praying to a god.

i'm not a god.

"PLEASE!!" saiki could visibly see mr. saiki's eyes were completely dim. since it's his birthday though, he wants something in return. he sticks his hand out and points at his palm with his other hand. "give me my birthday present first." he says telepathically, his glasses fogging up like in anime, as if he was the arch-nemesis.

saiki's dad looked appalled, with his mouth wide open. "ahaha, one second." his dad rushes out the room and goes to the fridge, then coming back with three trays of coffee jelly. "aw, what a nice surprise!" saiki's mom says, hugging his dad again.

"of course! what kind of dad would i be if i didn't have a present?!" he says, very suspiciously. ' this was my stash for emergencies... ' saiki just looks at his dad with a blank expression. "don't worry! once i get home, i'll buy another tray!" the dad says, causing his wife to watch in awe. 

"just one?" saiki says, with his eyes filled with negotiation. after all, it's his birthday. "I MEAN 17 TRAYS! yeah! FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY OF COURSE!" mr. saiki says, posing like a hero, with his arms on his waist. "17?!" mrs. saiki says, "ku, say thank you to your father!" 

" thank you. " he says dryly. mrs. saiki gives kusuo a present wrapped delicately, in a cute pink package. "i hope you like it! i gave it a lot of thought!" she smiles, hugging the side of kusuo as she sits on one side of his bed. 

opening it, he finds a doll of him, a doll of his mother, his father, and one extra doll with accessories to put on manually. he looks at his mother, confused. "what's the extra one for?" he says, holding it up. "for your future wife, of course! you just need to sew her up!" she smiles, pointing at the various add-ons.