𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 32 (𝔭𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔰)

/ after the tennis club training camp...

"here we go again,"

you continued, "how do you put up with so many activities? man, if i were you, i'd be in bed all day." you got off the bus, stretching your arms and legs. "i was forced, but at least you're here." his words were smooth and gave you the most aggressive butterflies in your stomach ever.

"wait," kusuo continued your sentence, "that girl looks familiar." you walked over to find - "MERA??!" you backed up, seeing her turn around with a mushroom in hand. "what are you eating?!" you drew closer, holding her shoulder to observe.

"oh, yan, saiki. i felt dizzy after eating this mushroom." she stared, drool flowing out of her mouth. (why would you eat something obviously poisonous?) "i've only eaten grass so far in the break, so.." "WE'RE HALFWAY THROUGH THE BREAK!" you cut off saiki's thoughts, which were the exact same that came out of your mouth. you looked at mera with a shocked look and very overreactive. (no, not overreacted. more like underreacted. how would've you responded?) 

"oi mera! that tasted gross, don't eat it!" nendo said, pointing at the mushroom. "me and yanny tried it." he said, pulling you to tell mera. "HUH??? NO WAY!" you looked at him in disbelief. (NOW WHY WOULD YOU FEED THAT TO YAN?!) kusuo panicked. you could visibly see on his face how surprised he looked. "well, i cooked it of course! it seemed good at first but it tasted like dookie." he yawned.

"let's get going! i'm alright, there's a high-paying job waiting for us!" 

/ august 10th, clinical trial

it was a white room, with multiple tables lining up with chairs for all participants. there were two people in front who were expected to tell you about the medicine. they were dressed in lab suits and had clipboards. 

"ehem.. thank you all for coming today." clinical trials ; there are many different beliefs and scary rumors or legends about it. (but in reality, there is a clear explanation and a carefully thought out plan, so the risks are low.) "concerning the medicine you'll be given, it causes a lot of side-" "hey." the other shushed him and went over to a corner for them not to be heard. (most of those rumors are false but...)

going back to their original position, he speaks again. "this medication carries no risk, so please feel at ease." (in this case, maybe those legends are actually true. why is he so sketchy?) "kusuo... i'm actually scared..." you whispered to him with a dark expression on your face. (she's so cute when she's helpless.) "this seems kind of weird, right pal?" nendo spoke with his usual loud voice. "do you think so, yanny?" he lookd over to you after not getting a response from saiki. "why are you even here?" saiki lowly said. (and why'd you give her a new nickname?) 

"i asked him to come along!" mera said, where nendo continued, "i still haven't bought my mom a present, so.." nendo shrugged. (just how reckless are they?) saiki looked over to the side where a head tried to pop out of a door, whereas one of the scientist guys shut the door on them, slamming it shut. "well, then," the scientist spoke with a beaming smile, "i'll explain how things will go over the next week." (what was that? care to explain?)

"you'll be taking this medication, placed on your tables every day twice, morning and evening." he pointed towards the blue and yellow pills in front of you. "it's just some simple stomach medications, so don't worry." (no way it's just stomach medications.) "we will draw your blood thirty minutes after taking it, so you have a free day as you wish." (these look dangerous, they are definitely not medications.) "ONE QUESTION! if i take two at a time, will you double my pay?" (oh. i thought she had noticed.) "no." (why would they in the first place?) 

"everyone, take the first pill now." he says, looking like a demon, causing you to shiver. grabbing ku's arm, you say "ku, if i don't make it, tell everyone i love them." (say i love you to me directly.) the scientist laughs, very forced. (don't make it sound so strained.)