65

SEPTEMBER — STÓRHÖFÒI, ICELAND — 6:03 AM

Morgan looked at herself in the mirror. Two days ago, they all collectively teleported to Stórhöfði, a part of an island near the island of Poveglia and checked into multiple hotels. Now was the day of the liberation of the last camp, and the final battle. The end result would decide whether their future was bright or dull.

She, like all the other members of their group, was in complete black. It was made of a stretchy fabric, all one suit, with some bulletproof pads. It went from her ankles up to her wrists, and stopped at her neck as a turtleneck. She secured fingerless gloves on her hands and tied black combat boots on her feet. Her brown hair was in two French braids, and they had used some face paint to make a black line under each eye(Tyler's suggestion). The black clothing was for one main use: the camp's uniforms were in white, and the black being its polar opposite proved their opposition.

She wondered if it'd be the last outfit she'd ever wear, then took a deep breath and rejected the thought. If she died, she died, and so be it. No time to worry about it when there were several more important things going on.

One of the things she loved about her outfit was that it had multiple areas to keep weapons. It had two built in gun holsters, which she had already filled, and many places to keep knives. The majority she had put in were specifically throwing daggers, but she made sure to include regular ones, too. The only things she carried that weren't weapons was the two needles she'd inject herself with.

"You ready?" Joey's muffled voice asked from outside the door of her room. She walked away from the mirror and opened the door.

Joey had the two black lines under his eyes as well, and was wearing a similar get-up. However, he had wrapped a black bandana around his dark bald head, and she smiled at it. "I'm going to make a wild guess and say it wasn't your idea," she said, flicking the end of the knot.

"Tyler said it'd make me look badass," he said, subconsciously fixing it back into place. He grinned. "Do you think it doesn't suit me?"

"I think it's going to fall off right at the beginning," Morgan clarified, as she stepped out and closed the door.

They walked through the halls of the hotel, mostly occupied by the kids. She couldn't help but think some of the rooms might be empty after today.

They knocked on Pepper's door, and Rylie opened it, letting them in. The others weren't in any sort of getup, seeing as they weren't fighting, much to Tyler and Rylie's chagrin. Pepper was sitting with a laptop on her lap on the bed, already tapping away, and Alexis was in Rylie's arms. "What are you doing?" Morgan asked.

"The place has some cameras. We're going to watch from here," Pepper explained. "Make sure everything's going according to plan. And I'll be in your ear, as usual." She handed them both an earpiece, which they put in their ears.

"Well," Joey said, rocking back and forward on his feet. "I guess this is goodbye. Hopefully not for forever."

"Yeah, well, neither of you are allowed to die on that island, understand?" Monica ordered jokingly, then wrapped them tightly in a hug.

Marcus joined in. "Do good out there. Win for us."

They let go, and Rylie walked forward, smiling with his arms out wide as he enveloped them in another hug. "I still think I should be out there with you, but just make sure you beat up Siphon good. I want revenge for him taking my powers." His tone was humorous, but she could tell he kind of meant it. Alexis hugged their legs.