02

JUNE — UNKNOWN LOCATION — 10:48 AM

Morgan's eyes snapped open as she awoke with a gasp, sitting up in what certainly was not her room. Her head felt like someone had repeatedly hit it with a sledge hammer. She was on a white bed in a completely white room, the only furniture being the bed which wasn't even that comfortable. A camera was in the top corner of the room, watching her every move.

The first change she noticed was that she wasn't wearing the clothes she had on before. It sent a chill down her spine that someone changed her. She wore a grey bodysuit, made of comfortable and stretchy material like leggings, going up to a turtle neck, to her hands with slits for her thumbs and fingers, then ending perfectly with no overlaps at her ankles, matching sneakers on her feet. A label was stitched on the clothing, with a number—T2832.

The next was her hair. It was once long, trailing down her back, but was now hovering just above her shoulders, still lighter at the end. It was still wavy, but her head felt unnaturally light. She ran a hand through it, not nearly as disturbed about it than she had about the clothing and the camera.

The bed was some lavish queen with a thick duvet. There was a pillow, so old it was staining yellow, but has pillow sheet over it to attempt to cover it up. It was like they were covering up for the badness of the place.

"Where am I?" Morgan demanded, staring straight at the camera. "Take me out of here! This is illegal!" She tried the door, but it was locked, not even moving a bit.

Her eyes glowed again, and she threw the covers off the bed in frustration. She even used her mind to crumple the camera. She didn't know how she did it, but sure as hell didn't care as long as she was expelling her anger somehow. She screamed out until she needed air again.

How could they just trap her in a room? She was only seventeen, she hadn't even finished high school! And all because of the stupid powers that suddenly appeared. She didn't know what she was doing, how it happened, who those men were, why they took her, or where the hell she was.

She heard mechanics, and tried to locate where they were coming from. She looked up to see small circle, about the size of her palm. Through a small hole in the circles, which must have been just big enough for a needle to be thread though, a purple gas expelled. Her eyes widened, unsure of what it was, and she grabbed the sheets she had made go across the room, covering her mouth and nose with it. She wasn't sure what it was, but was not about to go breathing in some unnaturally coloured gas.

It stung her eyes, and she pressed the sheet to her face harder in nervousness. The gas began to go through it, and she unwillingly sucked in a large amount. Whatever it was, her body didn't like it and she felt like throwing up. But then, she felt dizzy and her vision began to blur. She dropped the sheet, her arms weak then she collapsed, unconscious.

JUNE — UNKNOWN LOCATION — 6:32 PM

When Morgan woke up, she was laying on the bed, once again made and perfect. A new camera was in the corner, the mess she made completely cleaned up as if nothing had happened. She growled in frustration, and sat up but found her wrist cuffed to the bed. When she tried to pull on it, she shrieked as she was electrocuted.

An intercom turned on, and she shook with fear and pain, her eyes watery. "This is punishment for wreaking your room," a calm, male voice said. "Don't do it again." Then, it turned off.

"Let me out!" She yelled, in hopes someone would hear, and she was hit with another electric shock, this one more powerful and longer. She screamed as another came, stronger and lasting a good long while, at least a minute. She whimpered, dropping her sweat-drenched head back.