14

JANUARY — 2832'S APARTMENT — 11:22 AM

2832 showered as soon as she arrived in the apartment. It felt odd to have her own shower, completely with scented shampoos and even conditioner, as well as body wash and warm water.

Afterwards, she used a brush, a much easier detangler than her fingers, to clear her hair of knots, then braided them into two Dutch braids.

She found some clothes in her closet, curtesy of the AMO, and selected an outfit. She settled for a stretchy but tight fitting grey, off the shoulder top. She slipped on black leggings, and a black leather jacket.

The flight into the United States had been quiet. Cole didn't want to start any conversation and neither did she, so they had a mutual silence. Afterwards, he got a car to take her to her new apartment building, telling her she had a couple hours to herself before she was expected to arrive at the AMO.

With her time, she looked around the apartment. She had a fairly sized kitchen with an island in the centre, as well as a table with enough seats for six people. She couldn't imagine ever having six guests over, not that it mattered. A couch faced a television in the living room, and the only bathroom as also connected to her bedroom. All the rooms(safe for the bathroom) had windows with curtains that exposed a beautiful view.

A couple hours later, she decided to leave early. Cole had instructed her to give the name Tress Enterprises to any taxi driver if she were to take the taxi to work. She do so after hailing a taxi, and had a quick twenty minute drive over.

The building was very modern. It had multiple window and had a running theme of white. Outside the building waited Cole, with his unimpressed expression. "You're early," he commented. "Good."

"I didn't have much to do."

"You'll be meeting your boss, Sergeant Jon Travers, but you will refer to him as Sergeant Travers, Travers or Sergeant," he instructed. "He will inform you of more."

"Yes, sir." She nodded.

The two entered the building, which looked like a standard software company. Two doors were at the back wall, which seemed to be their target. Cole wrapped his hand around the door handle and opened it. 2832, following, tried to open her own door but it didn't budge.

"The handles have a hand scanner to allow only AMO employees inside. We'll have your print in the system soon enough."

The new side of the building was completely different. There were a lot of people, all seeming to be in a rush, and multiple hallways. An older man came up to them. He had greying hair, a beard and a smile. "Agent Lener, is this our new SN?"

"It is," he confirmed. "Sergeant Travers, this is 2832."

"Nice to finally meet you. I hear you are a one and a half?" He held out his hand for her to shake, which she did.

"I am, sir."

"Excellent. Come with me, we'll talk in my office."

He lead the way through the several halls, leaving Cole behind. She memorized the way, each time they turned left or right or continued straight. Eventually, they found an office with his name plate on it.

Inside, it was pretty homey. There were pictures on the walls, and a carpet on the ground. He sat behind the desk and motions for her to sit on the chair in front of the desk. "Firstly, you'll need to meet your team."

"My team?" She repeated.

He smiled. "Yes, your team. No matter the age, experience, SN or not, everyone starts off with a team of usually three to six people. If you rove yourself, you'll be able to get into a solo ranking." This idea seemed for comforting to her. "Most of the teams have one SN. Your team has just recently lost their SN when he failed a mission."