Not a Fan of the Holidays

2 weeks later
LAMAR POV:

It is December 23 and it has been a month since Ariyah left. I haven't talked to her yet. I called and text but she didn't reply. Things are somewhat ok. We seen to have shit together but Ima be honest shit been weird. I'm use to talking to Ariyah everyday shit even seeing her everyday but now its empty. She didn't answer her phone or anything. The gang still going strong and I don't even know how because Mace is not running. No one is but everyone seem to know what to do.

I was walking around the house because I couldn't sleep.

"Couldn't sleep huh" Ms. Rita said sitting on the couch.

"Yea" I said to her.

"You miss her don't you" she said with a little laugh.

"Yea" I said with a sigh.

"Text her tomorrow I know for a fact she would love that text" she said getting up.

Why tomorrow? She hated the holidays. Every last one I never understood why.

"How long will she be gone" I asked her.

"I have no idea once she clears her head she'll be back oh and Happy Holidays" she said then walked past.

I pulled out my phone to see it was 2:43 in the morning.

I guess it was Christmas Eve now.

I walked to my room and laid on my bed. I closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep.

7 hours later

I woke up and looked at the time. It was 9:42. I got up and went to the bathroom. I did my daily hygiene routine before leaving my room.

I walked downstairs.

I smelt food the closer I got to the first floor.

"Damn something smells good" I said under my breath.

I walked downstairs to see Demetrius, Deion, Carter, Nathan, Ayden, Mateo, Caleb, Edward, and Melissa.

"Good morning my nigga" Demetrius said with Melissa in his arms clapping her hands.

"Good morning man" I said with a laugh.

"Morning Lamar" Carter said which made my eyes go huge.

I never heard him talk I thought he was a mute he speaks perfectly fine to me.

"I thought you were a mute" I said.

"No just hate talking sometimes" he said then stopped talking.

"It's a gift from God" Nathan said with a laugh.

Making us all laugh.

The door bell rung.

"Who the hell is that" I said.

"I didn't know we had a door bell" Ayden said.

Shit I didn't either.