Long Day

ARIYAH POV:

"Who has the answer for number 14" Mr.Hulken said.

I was currently in math class waiting for the day to past by. I was watching as the rain hit the glass windows. Rain brought me to peace even when I'm in it.

"Ariyah can you give me the answer" Mr.Hulkens said snapping me out my thoughts.

I was in the back of the class in the very last desk. I didn't have no one sitting next to me or in front of me. People stay away from me but I never cared.

"Uh x= to 7" I said not really caring if it was wrong.

"Correct can you come to the board and show us how you got that answer" he said looking at me.

Everyone was now looking at me. I hated having attention on me I like staying in the shadows where no one can see me.

I shook my head not wanting to do it.

"You won't get credit for participation" he said to me.

I sighed and got up. Everyone watched me walked to the board and some were talking about me. I wrote down how I got my answer quickly and went back to my seat.

"So can you tell us what you did" Mr.Hulkens said.

"I put it on the board" I said lowly.

He knows I hate attention on me that's why I don't volunteer for things. He was really putting the pressure on me.

"I used pemdas then combine like terms" I said quickly.

"Say it louder we ain't hear nothing your ugly ass said" a girl yelled from the front making everyone laugh.

I don't know how can they call me ugly when I always have my hoodie on which covers my face. I balled up my fist.

I let out a sigh and said it a little louder so they can hear me.

I honestly felt like a trapped soul. You can't leave this place until your set free or you escape. Either way I can't do neither.

"Ok next question" Mr. Hulkens said ignoring what the girl said to me.

I was use to it honestly I stop caring too. There was a lot of thing I stop caring for.

The period was over and I was about to go to lunch. I put my things in my bag and was about to leave when Mr.Hulkens stopped me.

"Ariyah can I talk to you for a second" he said looking at me.

I nodded my head and walked to him.

"Yes" I said quietly.

"You know why I had to call you out right" he said looking at me.

I shook my head, confused.

"You are quiet and need to come out your shell" he said looking at me.

"Uh but I'm comfy in my shell" I said lowly.

"Ariyah the guidance counselor has assigned this therapist that's downtown for you to talk to it is mandatory that you go" he said giving me a paper.

"Why because I don't talk to people" I said looking at him.

"We just want to help Ariyah" he said.

"You know helping me is letting me do me" I said lowly then walked out the class.

I walked in the empty halls to the cafeteria. I got in line for my food and waited. I ignored all the negative comments that's was thrown at me and got my lunch.