Chapter 38 - All Moons Eve

TW. Child murder, mega amounts of blood, body horror, a rabies infected dragon and dead dragons

??????, ??????? ??, 2023

Rschvania snuck outside through an open window, the other dragonets were either asleep or not paying attention to her.

The houses of the scorpion den had no lights shining through any window expect for only a few, she followed down the dusty path.

Her hair blew in the hot wind of the dragon desert, also Rsch took Acinonyx's cloak so no other dragon would see her creeping at night.

Rschvania knew she would probably get lost but it would be worth it to see a place where soon she would actually matter, why couldn't she accomplish anything when she had a family?

She was able to get out of the city and when she looked up at the dark sky the three moons were as bright as her spirit when her son was born.

The human climbed a huge slope and sat on the edge of the slope and took the black hood off, Rsch stroked her hair and sighed, she held in her sobs, did she want to live here?

She looked up at the moons and folded her hands on her lap, "Oh dear moons..." Rsch whispered, "What did I do to deserve the dragonets until death loyalty..." She whispered again.

A few minutes later as Rsch was swinging her legs back and forth, the little white and black bird was standing on her folded hands, "Hey you little cutey!" Rsch said in a high pitched voice.

She stroked Mallow a few times as he flew up on her shoulder and bobed his head three times at pit below the slope she was sitting on.

The only form of life down there was a snake and a few bushes, the pit had sharp rocks down in it. "What is that smell?" Rsch said as Mallow flew down in the pit.

Rschvania raced after Mallow into the large pit as a small rattle snake slithered in front of her, Rsch shrieked in fear then ran up to where Mallow was standing.

At that moment Rsch was looking down at the ground then she looked up in horror... "What is- WHAT?!" Rsch yelling echoed a bit.

The pit was driping in the darkest blood she'd ever saw, there were many splotches of blood with a huge spot of blood and running there was drops of blood going there.

She looked in shocked "Did somebody die here?" Rschvania asked Mallow, she walked up to the huge blood pool unknowingly getting the black bird feathers on the end of the cloak wet with the dark red fluid.

The size of the pool was abnormally huge, it was larger then 9ft in length about 12ft in length and 13ft in width, "Holy sh*t that's a lot of blood, I doubt that much is even in a one year old baby.." Rsch whispered as Mallow flew over to a sharp rock with the dark red blood all over it.

The bush below it had fresher blood on the outside of it but a terrible stink like rotten corpses that hadn't been able to fully rot.

Rschvania peeked in the bush then looked down in terror, there layed a dead dragonet with his black and grey eyes staring into her soul, he was half rotten with dark red blood coming from his stomach and mouth, but the thing that really bugged Rsch was that.

"HIS LEG WAS TORN OFF?!" Rsch shrieked then backed up, the dragon's scales looked like a light yellow and he had small horns and tail, "Was this... Viper?" Rsch gulped.

Rsch looked at the other pool, she shaked as she stepped over to the pool, "This is Acinonyx's blood..." Rschvania's sickness came into style again and she was almost going to throw up.

And walking away from the sence were large blood-stained bubbling footsteps walking away from the pit, Rschvania cleared her mind and went back to the abandoned building where she could talk to Onyx.
—————————————————————————————
Rschvania quickly got back to the abandoned building and crawled back in threw the window and shut it as she gasped and sat down on her bed which was under the window.