Chapter 26 - True Friends

???, ????? ??, 2023

TW. Graphic horror campfire stories and mention of a real doppelganger sighting by me

After the assassin was killed they set off into the sunset successfully and with proof.

It was soon to be night time but Hawk saw the light of the scorpion den, they did make it to the den in time for the first full moon to rise.

By the time they got to the abandoned building Rschvania was already asleep and drooling which Acinonyx felt and when Rsch first fell asleep and started drooling as a shriver ran down Acinonyx's spine, "What's wrong Onyx?" Anaconda asked looking at Onyx who had a grossed out face "She-shes f*cking drooling like you d-do in your sl-sleep" Onyx stuttered as her wings turned bright emerald, "Holy sh*t Onyx sucks to be you" Hawk said behide the cross bred dragon who snorted out a flame at him.

Onyx picked up Rsch and placed her on the ground, she looked like she just died, Onyx turned into a humanoid dragonet and picked her up over her shoulder so it didn't seem to weird, Hawk and Anaconda were dying laughing as drool ran down Onyxs shoulder.

Onyx sped walked inside the house and walked to their room and put her on her bed and gave her the Krus plush and quickly and roughly took off her poncho and scarf then walked out to the living room looking disgusted as Anaconda looked over at her "I'm going to get changed" Onyx said walking out the door.

Anaconda turned around to see the rest of the Winglet and started laughing "I feel so bad for her" Anaconda wheased as the rest of the Winglet laughed with her "Bro I know we all drool in our sleep but still it got on Onyx- and she's the oldest of four younger cousins" Hawk choked out laughing.

As Onyx was walking back wearing a black tank top with a beige cropped sweater, a white scarf and a necklace with a wooden peace sigh and leggings with hiking books, Onyx was walking back with Mallow on her shoulder and a full moon with two half moons up in the stary sky.

As much as Onyx likes Rsch as a friend that was a bit gross... she fit right in! Everyone in her Winglet did something gross before, once when they were 13-15 year olds they had a sleepover and Fawn was the first one to fall asleep, they were getting payed by Fawn's uncle to stay up past 5am, but Fawn fell asleep 2 hours early.

Anaconda and Acinonyx had the beautiful idea to surprise wake up Fawn so they took her arms and yanked her up waking her up and when they did she was coughing like she was choking which was pretty disgusting.

They were un-biological siblings they could do that stuff together and still be the best friends and Rsch was really close to becoming one of them, their clawmate type person?, their bestie, their un-biological sister.

Onyx walked, got back to the house and walked in, the only dragons awake were Fawn and Anaconda and they were playing cards, 'I guess everyone else went to sleep' Onyx throught as she walked up to the girls while we're playing slap the jack.

The dragons stayed up all night playing slap the jack, the whole night they were trying not to yell at each other because the others were sleeping, Anaconda kept her talons long and when ever they slapped down on the deck she would always scratch either Fawn or Onyx.

Soon they did go to bed for only an hour because none of them could sleep, before they went to sleep they were talking about two Skywing twins they went to school with.

"So do yall remember thing one and thing two?" Onyx said picking up a mango "The Skywing twins?... what were their names?" Anaconda said scratching her chin "Storm and Thunder! Onyx hated them and they hated her" Fawn said giggling "I still hate those jacka*s and they still probably hate me still or their dead..." Onyx said punching Fawn in the arm lightly.

Fawn and Anaconda giggled "Probably, well I didn't see them in Jade mountain so they probably went back to the sky kingdom" Anaconda said "I kinda wanted them dead" Onyx whispered "I'm well aware" Fawn said.

After a while they went to bed but Anaconda didn't really sleep at all.
——————–——————————————–————————

Everyone got up but nobody could get up properly after that assassin fight.

At the moment the Winglet was eating breakfast but Rschvania didn't eat much because she felt stupid that she lashed out at Onyx, she was blaming the dragonets for dragging into this mess when it was her who wanted to be included in this sh*t.

Rsch was snapped out of her head went Hail, who was sitting beside her slapped her lightly in the face, she gave him a dirty look "What the f*ck Hail!" Rsch yelled at him, Hail laughed "Rsch don't your friends do that to you?" Hail asked.

Rsch looked at the Icewing then she looked down at her half eaten mango "All my friends are dead Hail, I was born in the 1930's and was brought back to life a year ago" Rsch said biting her mango, Anaconda looked at Rsch with sad eyes "You didn't make any other friends after being brought back to life?" Rsch sniffed "No, I'm a menace to society, who wants to be friends with me?" Tide looked at the others "We do" Tide said with a smile "your just like us and we will gladly call you our older sister" Tide put a hand on her shoulder as Tide hugged her.

Rschvania was finally accepted by others that will call her their older sister she had siblings, even though they have scales, horns, wings, fire or ice with talons they called her their sister and that's all she ever wanted and craved for a long time and they were 1 to 3 years younger then her. (In my AU Rsch is 29 and the dragonets are between 26-28 years old)

In the afternoon they didn't really do anything that interesting, they played cards for a while, mostly slap the jack, when it was dinner time Fawn looked at her hand and it was full of light scratches from Anaconda's overly sharp talons.

At dinner everyone was talking about the little to nothing  good stuff about their pasts because well they didn't really have anything to talk about but hey they would find a way.

A bit after dinner Hawk has always wanted to sit somewhere and have a camp fire, so he asked if anyone was up to do that and everyone agreed to do.

Everyone went out into the desert, not to far or not to close they were camping near a cliff with bushes and a few trees.

They were telling scary stories, Fawn went first and told them about a terrible dream she had that all of them were killed, Anaconda told one about a girl who was being haunted by a man with an axe and in the end he ended up getting his skull split in half by his axe. Onyx told a story about endless rooms and a forest that had animals killed constantly by her dad's doppelganger (The doppelganger part is based off of me seeing my dad's doppelganger when I was younger).

Hawk was in the middle of telling them a horror comedy story but Rsch couldn't focus on his voice, she had friends and she knew they wouldn't stab her in the back because they were loyal to each other. Rschvania had true friends