Chapter 77 - Permanent

(Songs for this chapter
Ocean {Feat. Khalid} - MARTIN GARRIX
Fools - LAUREN AQUILINA)

GHOST POV

"How you doing sweetheart?" I call over my shoulder. The sound of needles hitting skin drowning out the silence of the place.

"I'm fine, no peaking." El adorably calls back from behind me. I'm not allowed to see her tattoo until it's done, but she took so long deciding that mine may very well be finished before hers.

Her hand print permanently on my chest, over my heart. I fucking love it and I haven't even seen it yet.

"You good boss?" Hamish says looking up from my chest to my eyes.

"All good." I nod.

"Nearly done." He says as he dips his gun in the ink and goes back to work.

I don't even know where El puts hers, how big it is, what style? She wouldn't tell me a thing, it's making me anxious.

"It looks good Lt, you will love it." Johnny calls over from next to El. Of course I had to bring him, how could I leave him behind.

"How's yours going?" He asks walking over to my side.

"Whoa that looks awesome, I like the style."
It's Els actually hand print, Hamish inked her hand earlier and she pressed it to my chest. But when she wasn't looking I got him to add her scars into the hand, in green to match her eyes.

I can't wait for her to see it.

I love her just the way she is and I don't want her to ever forget it. I will not have my wife doubting for one second that I don't think she is beautiful.

"All finished." Hamish says about half an hour later. "Go have a look." He points towards the mirror in the corner.

I get up out of the chair and make my way over, It's better than I imagined. The lines in the palm look exactly like her cheek scars, he put a few other scar lines in as well as the bullets she took for me and even a little bit of her burn marks are on the fingers. She's going to love it.

"Nice work Hamish thanks." He nods back, a little surprised by the compliment. I didn't say much when he did my arm but I guess I'm very different now.

"Mine's not done you can't see it yet!" El shouts back at me before turning to Johnny and saying something. He rolls his eyes while coming over towards me.

"You have to close your eyes and I'll take you outside until she's done." It makes me chuckle but I comply. Putting my shirt on and walking outside with Johnny.

"How's she doing?" I ask once the coast is clear and we get outside.

"She's alright, she was a little anxious at first and had to hold my hand for a while. I think her body just subconsciously freaked out but relaxed when it realized it wasn't drugs so now she's fine."

"Good." I'm glad Johnny knows about her trauma and can help her as well.
"Where is hers?" I subtly add in.

"Sorry Lt I'm under strict instructions not to tell you a thing."

"Who's side are you on?" I complain back. Damn I was hoping he would cave.

"Hers of course." Can't argue with him on that one, so am I.

She emerges about an hour later, her tattoo artist Marie opening the door for her.
"Thank you so much." El says to her, the biggest smile on her face. God she's so cute, she must like hers a lot.