Chapter 19 - Them

(Songs for this chapter -
Higher Ground - ODESZA
Bad Decisions {Purple Disco machine Remix} - TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB)

SOAP POV

I wish Ghost had seen her face, she was so relieved to find me, her poor body wouldn't of taken much more if I wasn't there. I could hear the alarm outside long before she fell through the door way of my cell. I thought the team had come to get me, but it was just her. I helped her get us out of the compound but she'd already taken out most of the men so there was little to no resistance.

Once we got out of the compound she wrapped her badly bleeding hand and took an adrenaline shot. She had clearly taken a few of them already, pushing her body way past it's limits. A few klicks away we got to the helos where Jeimi was waiting. She also looked very relieved to see me. She helped us into the heli and we were out of there. It was still dark so it I didn't see the full extent of the damage Reaper had taken until it started to get lighter. She was in a bad way, and looked even worse.

"You alright?" She's asking me as if I look worse than she does.

"I'm okay, worry about you. You don't look so good." I'm trying to be polite, she looks terrible.

"I'm okay." Clearly a lie. She takes off a knife from her tactical vest, I know it's Ghosts I recognize it. "Can you give this to Ghost when we get back." She says as she extends it out to me.

"I can but why don't you give it to him." I say as I take it off her.

She shakes her head.
"I left in secrecy and without consent." She responds afterwards. She knows what Ghost is like with trust, we all do. And she left anyway.
"Did you come to get me for him?" I ask her, already knowing she probably did.

"I would of come anyway, I kind of like you myself." She jokes. Then tries to breathe through the pain. "But yes I came to get you for him, he wasn't himself with you gone and I couldn't leave him like that. You're his Reds, he needs you."

"His Reds?" I question.

"His closest most trusted friend." She breathes out.

His closest friend. I mean I always guessed but to hear it, it's nice to know. I reached over and grabbed her hand, the uninjured one.

"Thank you Reaper." That thank you is for a lot more than just this.

She nods my way, then looks back out of the helos.

"You love him right?" I know I shouldn't ask but I can tell that she does. She wouldn't be here rescuing me if she didn't. She looks over at me but doesn't say anything.

"I'll talk to him when we get back, he may see reason once he knows you did this for him."

"Don't Soap, just leave him be."

"After this, call me Johnny."

"El," she answers her name back, it's sweet the name suits her.

I feel like we are good friends now, close friends who gave a big, always cranky common interest. But I'm happy to push his buttons to get him in the right direction, even if she isn't.

I thought about telling him the parts of my rescue that I'd witnessed, what we'd talked about but it just didn't seem right to. I like that she and I have our own inside jokes when it comes to Ghost. I want us to be close, I have a feeling we will be spending a lot more time with her from now on.