Chapter 23 - Zeta-Seven

(Songs for this chapter -
Saturday Night's Alright - NICKELBACK
No Good - KALEO)

GHOST POV

If they hadn't of radioed Soap and I might of shot them, lucky they did. They swerve back around and speed up past us, music and shouting, noise so loud I can hear them from inside our truck. The rest of Zeta, I'm going to regret this I'm sure. Two men are in the front cab, two are in the cargo bed. They drive up to Reaper and Reds ahead of us, Reaper winds down the window and waves at them.

They are all yelling and gesturing her over to the truck, surely she's not going to... she jumped. She fucking jumped between moving vehicles on a highway. Why am I surprised at this point. One of the men in the back catches her. They both hug her and start yelling, pointing at her stitches and bandaged arm and hand. My shoulders tense up.

"Bloody hell they are all crazy Lt." Soap says shaking his head. "Looks like you will have a fight on your hands to get her alone now." He smugly adds. Don't you think I fucking know that Johnny.

She then leans out the side of the cargo bed and puts her head in the front driver window giving who ever is in there a kiss on the cheek. She does the same on the passenger side. My hands tighten on the steering wheel, I don't like that at all.

"You're still her favorite sir." He nudges me with his elbow. "I suddenly don't seem so bad now hey?"

Compared to them yes Johnny your a fucking walk in the park. Reaper is talking into the ears of the two men in the back. They look over at us and wave, Reaper looks at me smiling, she mouths the word 'sorry'. But she looks so happy that I just know I'm going to give in and deal with all their bullshit for her. They speed up and get ahead of Reds, i can still hear them though.

Once we get to the alpha site they drift into the motor pool. Jeez be careful. But the three of them in the back barely moved, clearly use to that. Reds pull in behind them and they all get out yelling and hug each other, Reds and Reaper in the middle. It makes me angry, jealous, I wish it didn't. Reaper leads them all over to us as we get out of our truck.

"This is lieutenant Hawks our man in charge and weapons specialist." She says as she walks past him, he's clean cut, a few face scars, reminds me a little of Alejandro just younger and not as angry looking. He nods at us.

"Bolt, he handles reconnaissance and communications." A bit like Hawks, just after two weeks in the field, looks like he needs a shower. He puts his hand up as a form of hello.

"MacGyver medical officer and combat engineer, can patch up anything bleeding or not."
He's neat and tidy, blonde hair and blue eyes. The kind of man most girls would like I'm sure. He nods at us smiling.

"And Trekkie, handles all tech, our version of Megs but don't tell her I said that." He's wearing a cap and glasses so it's hard to see his face, he does a half assed wave.

"Boys this is Ghost and Soap, the rest of 141." She gestures to us as she says our names. They all salute at the same time, then they start to walk towards us but Reds stands in the way.

"Resido, Resdio." He says pushing them back away from us. Something from their own little language thing I've seen them do.

"Let's give them a chance to get inside first gents before you bombard them with questions." Hawks stating to the other three. They all kind of disburse and start getting things out of our trucks for us.