Chapter 41 - A Good Day

(Songs for this chapters -
Mercy - SHAWN MENDES
Cough Syrup - YOUNG THE GIANT)

SOAP POV

She leans in and kisses me on the cheek, I close my eyes and breathe in trying to calm myself.
"I hope so." She whispers. She's so lovely.

I give her an awkward smile once she's back looking at me. She has this thing about her that makes you forget all your problems. How can you be troubled about anything when she is worried about you and has literally been through more than you can think of and never complains, always trying to help others.

She looks around, probably for Ghost but he didn't come out with me, he stayed inside. Maybe he does know and wanted to let me talk to her. Fuck I don't know, how could he be that calm about it if he does know. I've seen how angry and jealous he gets when the zeta guys are around her. I can't image what he would do to me.

"Johnny." She says my name so sweetly.
"Could you please help me to the infirmary? I need to get some more meds off Sam."  How does anyone say no to her.

"Of course I can." I jump off the create and offer her my arm. She slowly gets off and gently stands on her feet. She's very unstable, not surprising though they shot nails into her thighs for Christ sake.

Seeing her on that table held down by those pieces of shit, I have never been that angry and panicked before. Watching some creep cut her clothes off her and force himself on her. It was so hard to watch but I didn't want to look away and leave her alone while Ghost was making his way there.

"Hey um. I'm sorry that we didn't get to you sooner back in Caracas. I was on a roof over looking the compound and if I had moved earlier I would of seen you."

"Did you see me up stairs?" She says it so casually like they weren't about to rape her.

"Yes." It comes out in a anxious tone.

"I'm sorry Johnny that would of been hard to watch." Again so casual about it.

"Watch! What about have done to you? How are you so calm about that?" Her being so calm has made me more anxious.

She stops and pulls on my arm making me stop as well.
"I wasn't calm, you saw me in the car on the way to exfil, I was terrified. I wanted them to kill me, for a second I hoped they would pull the trigger. But once I saw the light coming through the windows I knew you all wouldn't be far away and I just had to wait."

"I'm okay now because of Ghost."

She keeps us walking forward after dropping that bombshell on me. Like that makes me feel less guilty.

"And you wouldn't of seen me earlier I was on the bottom level for most of the night, if anything you moved at exactly the right time. So stop feeling guilty. I'm okay now, once I've healed I'll be better than ever. And Sam has some great meds to help with that." She smiles.

"As long as you're alright. If you, if you want to talk and can't or don't want to tell ghost. I'm here."

"I know you are Johnny. Ghost doesn't know I thought that before he came in and saved me by the way. I'm guessing you took out the two holding me down?"

"I did."

"Well thank you for saving me."

"You're welcome."