Chapter 44 - New Problems

(Songs for this chapter
Bad Guy - BILLIE EILISH
Take on the World - YOU ME AT SIX)

REAPER POV

"Who the fuck is that?" I say angrily staring straight at Simon. And why does she think she has the fucking right to touch you. Ghost can see the instant rage on my face.

"That's Raquel, a local we've worked with a few times. She offered to help us." Price states to my question. I can hear the awkwardness in his voice but I don't care.

I don't answer, and my eyes don't leave Ghost.

"Just an old work colleague." Is what he answers out loud what he's says in his eyes is I'm sorry to spring this on you please don't be mad.

Too fucking late.

"MacGyver fix the gate! Bolt, Trekkie get those cars out of here! Tell me when it's done." I order. Pushing Ghosts hand off me and walking away back to the roof.

I don't give a fuck if you have worked with her before. She didn't introduce herself or say hello to me. She called it 'fun' having our base attacked. She winked at Price and Hawks and she touched Ghosts arm in front of me while his hand was on my fucking neck.

She is trouble with a capital T. I don't like this at all. Something is off, it's not just that I'm jealous, I mean I am. But Ghost what the fuck he didn't even try to remove her inappropriate hand off of his arm. I am so mad at him, he's lucky I am up here or I would kick his ass.

Trekkie comes up to the roof about 2 hours later.

"Fence is fixed and cars are gone Reaper." He says from behind me.

"Thanks."

"Are you alright?" He asks a little nervous.

"Where did Raquel come from?" I ask it directly.

"Um Captain Price and the 141 know her and she contacted them asking if she could help us so we picked her up after the mission was done."

"I see. Thank you Trekkie." He quickly leaves after my response.

I come down about half an hour later as the sun starts to set. I go straight to Megs.

"I need a full check done on Raquel, use these codes they'll get you into more systems." I say into her ear quietly.

"These are General codes." She whispers back turning her chair around to look at me.
"I know." I have a copy of General Baird access codes for emergencies. I'd say this counts. Others might not but I do.

She can see how dead serous I am about this.
"It will take a few days."

"That's fine I can wait." I answer her.

She nods back to me and gets to work. I leave her to it. Armory next, I will be keeping some supplies in my room.

I'm stopped on the way there by the devil herself.
"Hi I don't think we've had a chance to say hello. You're Reaper right?" She says it all sweet and innocent, looking me up and down trying to figure me out. I see through you bitch.