Chapter 56 - Help Her

(Songs for this chapter -
Hold The Line {Acoustic} - ARIZONA
Wake Me Up {feat Fleurie} - TOMMEE PROFITT)

MACGYVER POV

"I see green smoke! Near the west evac point go!" Reds yells at Bolt as he banks the heli around the now destroyed town.

I hope they are okay, please be okay. Bolt lands us in the smoke and Reds, Hawks, Gaz and myself race out of the Heli.

I see their bodies under a tree.

The guttural heart wrenching scream Reds lets out instantly rips straight through my chest. He sprints down to her, picking her up and cradling her body in his arms. Wailing in so much pain i can barely look at him or her. Both Hawks and I have tears coming down our faces.

"Let me see her." I sob out at him. Gaz and Hawks check Ghost and Soap.

"She's still got a pulse, get her on the heli NOW!" I yell at Reds, he lifts her up and is carrying her back straight away.

I look over at the others. "They are both breathing." Gaz shouts.

I know what they've been given, "They're just stuck in their bodies. Hawks take Soap, Gaz help me with Ghost!"
We get them on to the heli as quickly as possible.

"Bolt get us back as fast as you can fly!" Hawks shouts at Bolt as i close the Heli door.

I look at Reds who is so far past distraught, holding Reaper as Hawks tries to stop some of her bleeding. Her body is completely broken, not one piece of her made it out unscathed, i don't know how she's still alive.

"Help her!" Reds wails at me. "Help her please!"

"With what!" I cry back angrily. "I have nothing to help her with."

I kneel down in front of him and look at her. I force open one of her eyes, her pupils are extremely dilated. She's had adrenaline jabs. She's got a bleeding wound in the shoulder, the chest. Her hands and arms are covered in burns. Gashes, broken fingers, torn skin on her hands. A gun splinted to her clearly broken leg. Her face bruised and bloodied. I feel her pulse again, its light and slow. She is barely hanging on.

"I can't do anything." I quietly heave out, looking up at Reds devastated face.

"Guys is she okay!" Bolt panic pleas from the cockpit trying to turn his head to see her.

"NO!" Hawks screams not wanting him to see her and he moves to cover his view from the cockpit. "Just focus on getting us back to base!" He shouts at Bolt through his tears. The heli banks hard and we all move slightly.

Gaz trying to hold Ghost and Soap up right. "Are they okay?" He asks, his face just as upset as ours. I turn around and look at them, their eyes are looking at me. "Physically they seem so, mentally..."

I cut myself off, looking back at El. She must of carried those two out of there. And they had to watch her do it, watch all of this happen to her, powerless to help. They would be anything but fine.

"They've been given that drug the Suns call Stone. Its a paralytic, mixed with an amphetamine. Keeps you conscious but your body completely paralyzed."