Chapter 49 - Family Heirlooms

(Song for this chapter -
Old Pine - BEN HOWARD)

GHOST POV

"Right so two things, first is Els medical background. I'm going to give you a list of the drugs she can't take, the side effects and the countermeasures if she does take them." Sam states to me.

"If she is joining your team, I except you and MacTavish to memorize it. She has a metal plate in her head so any head injuries take her longer to recover from. Obviously you know she doesn't like being given needles. Her pain tolerance is high so it's not always apparent she is injured and she will try and hide it. So if shes vocal when in pain you can bet it's twice as bad as you think. The rest of her issues are mental health related but given how bonded she is to you i don't think you'll have to worry as much as we did. She listens to you more than anyone, even me."  Sam is very smart, protective and caring of her.

"How do you know she wants to join my team?" I ask her.

She gives an annoyed look. "Ghost i'm not stupid and neither is anyone else. You two are inseparable now. You and Soap would have to join Zeta because he goes where you go and Price isn't letting that happen so she's going with you."

"You have it better worked out than i do." I'm Impressed she thought about all that, i hadn't gone that far in my mind yet.

"You will also be bringing her back for by monthly check ins. One so i can keep an eye on her and two because we will all want to see her."

"I can make that happen. You said two things?"

"Yes secondly." She says going over to her desk in the corner and retrieving something from a drawer. "I'll keep it safe here until you want it but i'd like you have this." She hands me a little blue box, i hope this isn't what i think it is. I open the lid, yep it is. It's an engagement ring. A silver band twisting around to a green stone in the middle, two small clear stones either side.

"It's white gold with a 1.2 carat emerald and 0.48 carat diamonds, this was my engagement ring from Daniel."

I just look at her. How can she expect me to take this off of her?

"El and the Zeta boys helped Daniel pick this out, she will know it's mine and i want her to have it. I'd be offended if she wore anything else."

"What about MacGyver?" I question her.

"He knows and agrees, we've already discussed it. I haven't worn it in over two years. As beautiful as it is, it always gets in the way."

"Sam it's a lovely ring but we have only just talked about her coming with me after this operation. We haven't even discussed... I don't know if she wants..."

She scoffs. "Is it something you want?"

"A few months ago i would of said no. I didn't want to tie someone to this life. But, she is this life and i now want to give her all the normal things she doesn't think she'll ever have." I look down at the ring. "Yes i do."

"Then when you ask, you will be using this and that's final." She smiles at me.

"Thank you Sam, she looks up to you with great admiration and i'm sure she wouldn't of got this far without you always taking care of her."