Chapter 59 - Debts Repaid

(Songs for this chapter -
Paint it Black - HIDDEN CITIZENS
Hit Me with Your Best Shot - HIDDEN CITIZENS
I Got Mine - THE BLACK KEYS)

GHOST POV

Seeing a dead man still breathing has never made me happier.

I get to kill him myself.

I remove my tac vest as I walk closer, calm on the surface but black death is ready and waiting just underneath.

He starts to circle me as i get closer, pathetic. She's not here you can't do anything to intimidate me now.

He lunges at me, he's fast and precise but not fast enough. I dodge out of the way and nick his shoulder with my blade. He looks at me angry, his face scrunched up and goes again, trying to hit my chest, face and stomach. I maneuver out of the way of two but the third hits my blocking arm. I retaliate back swinging heavy and forcefully towards his chest, he dodges, wrapping his arm around mine to defend himself. But i flip the knife around the other way and drive it backwards into his forearm before i rip it out and punch him back with my free hand.

He looks at his injured arm and tilts his head arrogantly. Then looks back at me, running for me again, trying to slash and jab at me in any way he can, i move quickly trying to do the same but he keeps out of my reach. He's very skilled, almost as good as me. He ducks as i swing towards his head and he cuts across my thigh, making my balance sway for a second. I use my unbalanced leg to kick him in the chest and back towards his desk.

"Can see why she liked you, you remind her of me." He antagonizes at me, trying to make me reckless. I've been seething for two weeks, nice try.

I move forward slicing towards his torso, he blocks a few of the attacks but one or two small cuts still make it through. I drop to the ground and sweep the knife around behind his knee, cutting him and forcing his body to the floor, he continuously elbows me in the neck forcing me to move off him. He flips himself up, coming back at me while i'm still getting up, i push my body back just missing his knife hitting my chest but I push his hand to the side and slice up the left side of his ribs. He's getting impatient, frustrated, his speed is starting to drop i can see it.

I get to my feet as he recklessly swings towards me, i grab his arm and headbutt him and then slice up the middle of his chest, right were one of El's scars is. Blood flowing down his body. He clutches at his chest, growling through gritted teeth at me before trying again. This time i duck and slide the knife across his leg and move behind him, cutting straight up his back. The second one for El. He stumbles forward a few steps and then looks back at me not just anger in his eyes anymore, now there is fear too.

He charges for my waist trying to tackle me off balance but i put a foot to the side and twist him around so he hits the ground hard. I lean down and slide my knife quickly along the side of his arm and down to his blade, removing it from his hand as it goes flying across the floor. I pick him up by the neck and drag him across the floor towards his desk, he grunts and squirms trying to get out.

"You're still missing two." I mutter, leaning him against the desk i cut deeply into his face, slowly down his neck and chest, he yells and tries to claw at my hands to get me off. I repeat and do the second one, He's screaming trying to clutch at his face.

"Those are for her, the rest will be for me." I lift up my foot and kick hard at his right leg, snapping his bones clean in two. I stab him in the stomach and the shoulder pinning him to the desk with the knife still in his shoulder. Then I grab him around the throat and squeeze tightly to silence his screaming, taking out an adrenaline jab and hitting him with it.