Chapter 34 - How It Looks

I tired to write this chapter from the perspective of all three of them.
Hopefully it isn't too confusing. Enjoy!

(Songs for this chapter,
Hold On, We're Going Home - Drake
{The rest played towards the end}
Desperado - RIHANNA
Chemicals - PEKING DUK
Fire - PEKING DUK )

SOAP, REDS & GHOST POV

—SOAP—
Thirteen days has felt like a year, must be an eternity to Ghost. I'm exhausted, we've been out on missions every day. Ghost is determined to kill every one of these Suns bastards and I will absolutely help him. It keeps his mind busy and makes the days go faster. Megs updates Ghost and I every morning before we leave and every night if she's still awake when we get back. We still haven't heard from her.

We moved Megs into my room and Ghost into Reapers room, per her request. It's been nice to have her with me, she's great to talk to and she loves to cuddle up to me, makes me feel manly as hell when she's asleep in my arms.

But I do worry about Ghost, I know he says he likes to be alone but it must be painful to be in there alone every night, wondering how she is if she's okay.

I offered to sleep in there with him and Megs would go and sleep with Jeimi but he declined and said he was fine. He talks even less than he did before if that's possible.

We are driving back with Reds and Hawks from another 'go out and kill some cartel guys' day. Megs is out in the motor pool and comes running over to us. It's either good or really bad.

"Ghost! She sent a message!" She yells as soon as he opens his door.

She gives it to him to read.

Boys 17th, La Luna party.

We all look at the note with him.

"That's it?" I say confused.

"Trekkie says La Luna is a night club, 17th is four days away." Megs starts explaining.

"Party means a lot of people, we should be able to get in with out drawing too much attention. She's asking us to come and get her." Reds finishes excitedly.

He and Hawks fist pump in excitement. Ghost just keeps staring at the note. It's the happiest he's been since she left, staring at a few words on a piece of paper.

—REDS—
I don't think we've ever wanted four days to go by faster. The guys were ecstatic to hear the news. We have to be careful still but it's a good sign. Ghost and I are still only going in with Soap and Hawks. We can't take the whole squad and she wouldn't want the attention anyway. She would want Ghost and Soap there though so I talked with the other boys and let them decide who the last person should be that comes with us.

Hawks it was, I think we all knew it would mean more to him, getting her out this time around might even be a little healing for him. He carries a lot of guilt, all the teams problems and burdens went to him after Kal died. We don't blame him but he blames himself.

We are in the heli on the way to the same place we left her. Ghost is leaning on his knees staring at his hands. He must be so anxious to see her. I'm a wreck so he'd be a million times worse.

"She's okay Lt, we'll get her back." Soap says bumping Ghost with his elbow.

"Yeah."

He doesn't say much without her around, not that he did does anyway.

Once we land I can see the car Laswell organised for us to drive into the city with, Jeimi is going back until we radio for her. It's too dangerous to wait around here. We take out all our supplies, we're dressed as civilian as possible. Putting our weapons and gear in the back of the car.