Chapter 31 - Emotions Aside

❤️❤️❤️

(Songs for this chapter-
To Build a home (radio version) - CINEMATIC ORCHESTRA
Iris - MATT HANSEN {is only on YouTube or SoundCloud}
Rise Up - ANDRA DAY)

REAPER POV

"Reaper is everything alright? It's very late over there." Laswells voice finally connecting and coming through the speaker on the desk. Ghost and I are in the briefing room, he's leaning against the door, his foot tapping nervously. He isn't happy at all about this.

"I'm okay i needed to speak to you about the request you made a few weeks ago." I say leaning on the desk with both my hands, I'm still a little groggy from the medication.

"Have you made a decision?" Laswell asks.

"Ghost looks down at the speaker and then back up to me. Even more frustrated that he didn't know about this as well.

"I have a counter offer, what if I go back in undercover and get what we need to finish operation Gone Dark. It'll be faster and we won't lose any operators in the process."

There is a pause on the other end.

"Does Price agree with this plan?" she asks.

"He will if you do, so will General Baird." I say it with confidence but my right leg gives way and i stumble a little. Ghost is around the table and next to me in an instant. Holding me up and close to him, his head is in my neck. He really isn't okay, i can feel it down to my bones.

"How long will you need to be in there?" Laswell asks hesitantly.

"Two or three weeks tops." I answer putting my hand on the back of Ghosts head. She doesn't know he's in here with me, he hasn't said a word.

"As long Price and the General are okay with this then you have my support, i'll make some arrangements."

"Thank you Laswell."

"Just don't go being a hero in there and getting yourself killed." Ghosts hands tighten on me as she says it, he pushes his face deeper into my neck.

"I wont."

She hangs up the call, but Ghost and i don't move.

"Simon," I speak his name softly, he hasn't spoken since i said i wanted to go back in.

"Thank you for saving me. Now I need you to let me save you back." My voice is shaking, i can feel tears coming back to my eyes.

"I can't." My voice breaks and he moves up from my neck to look at me. I put my hands on his mask. "I can't watch you get hurt or die, I just can't. If he gets to you i.." My crying takes over my words and i can't keep speaking.

Simon rips his mask off and kisses me, his hands in my hair, holding me like I'm made of glass and yet so firmly at the same time.

All the love we have for each other is in our kiss. He breathes life into me and i heal his tortured heart. Our souls finally feeling at rest after what seems like thousand years of searching.

He lets go of the kiss but keeps his lips close to mine, his eyes are still closed, breathing through his mouth. Like he's remembering every feeling of us, breathing in all the pieces of me he can. My hands gently trace his face. The scar across his nose, the one on his right cheek, the other down the left side of his forehead. His cheek bones, his jaw line, I move up and gently kiss both his eyelids before i put my forehead against his.